Louisiana

Not sure if this should be in handhelds or not so Im throwing it here and will wait for the gods to move it if need be.

Anywho...

Since my first few private orders of cloth boys were finally shipped today and Kitsch has been selling a few on his site I figured Id post a few tips in keeping your Cloth/Fur Boy nice and clean.

1. NEVER use your cloth boy with greasy fingers! Im mean really..DUH!
2. Keep of way from little brothers/sister, nieces/nephews. Children usually have sticky fingers man..trust me..just dont do it.
3. If the fuz is starting to stick out to much or something just cut it off with a pair of scissors. DO NOT pull the fuz off as it will more than likely make the issue worse.
4. Grab yourself a disposable razor! I find this the easiest and cleanest way to thin out the fuz.
5. Got animals!? Get a Lint roller! A lint roller will be your best friend! Im not talking one of the fancy reusable metal ones. Just a good old sticker paper styled lint roller. They sell pocket sized ones at Walmart for like a $1 which are perfect.
6. If you notice the edges, where the two halves of the shell meet, are starting to show some of the case underneath dont freak out! Just use any sharp object like a xacto knife or even a tooth pick and just lightly pull the edges together swapping between front shell and back shell back and forth. Takes maybe 15 seconds to fix. This is caused by the fabric being tugged a little while pressing the buttons and playing and is completely impossible to avoid during the creative process. It rarely happens any way, just putting this here just in case if youre one of the few.

If anyone has any questions on anything discussed above or something I may have missed feel free to ask and Ill answer asap.

-Vex

Also, some time in the future pocket lint rollers will be shipped with each order..but that will be some ways aways.

Last edited by Vex (Mar 1, 2013 1:36 am)

TSSBAY01

can you put a link for more information to these clothboys? im...interested to hear more

Louisiana

Theres not really a link to "more info" I mean kitsch sells them in his site which direct link to them is here

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/category/by-brand-vex

But as for a "How to take care of your Cloth Boy" blog, or anything of that nature, theres no such thing.

As for more info on what fabrics can be used or anything design wise or ordering a more personalized one just message me and ask and Ill tell you if it can or cant be done. But for crazy personalized ones the price will be higher than the retail price at Kitschs shop.

However there are other fabric i will be experimenting with in the near future that will limited run exclusives. And by limited i mean 5 or less because the materials being used will be very durable very expensive fabrics such as real leather and maybe even alligator skin..but thats just a maybe..not making any promises there lol. There is a lot of interesting things to come.

But yea just ask me anything and Ill answer the best I can man.

After reading what Vex said, I don't think I would buy one. Although I might buy the disco boy if kitsch puts it back in the store.

washington

i think they're more of a novelty than anything.
but then again, so are custom gameboys in general.
(i still think they're cool, though)

Louisiana

@Jolly you just have to be careful with them man. I mean think of them as a jacket you have to take to the dry cleaners or something. Its cloth on a case that you cnt really throw in a washing machine...juat have to be careful like you would with your dads 30year old suit that youre borrowing for a wedding or something lol. The up keep isnt hard. Its no harder than trying to keep your gameboy from getting scratched. If you care enough about it itll become a routine.

Also if you ever do get any stuff on it like something sticky or whatever i discovered the other day a windex wipe and the lint roller work wonders. Upkeep is just like a tophat or bowler hat in this sense.

Me laying everything out at once may have made it seem like a major burden but its really not i promise. Its also a great way to liven up a messed up paint job or anything like that. Also the leather ones i have planned will be a lot more limd when it comes to cleaning. They will be extremely durable compared to the fluffy fabric used on the original set.

Thanks for the info. The leather DMG's sound cool.

ohgodno, Indiana

Love how my furboy turned out, really looking foward to some LETHA!

Liverpool, UK
Vex wrote:

Also the leather [Game Boys] i have planned

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! ALL OF IT, TAKE IT ALL DAMNIT!

matt's mind

the cloth boys are pretty fantastic to hold, tbh.  they feel pretty awesome. 

like how walking on sand feels so good.  reflexology or something.  textual (textural?) stimulation.

Milwaukee, WI

I'd buy an alligator skin DMG (or color) in a heartbeat.

Louisiana

Projecta ate on current hold due to moving in the next few weeks. Finally getting away from the roommates and my lady and I will be getting our own two bedroom apartment the extra room is designated as my work room. Im getting a full blown wrap around desk and drawers and shelves for storage of cases and fabric and anything else id ever need for my gameboy shit. Once this is all set up I will be back in the business of gameboys and pumping gameboys out like a little asian boy locked in a closet. Also, since Im here, to anyone that has not recieved their clothboy yet, this is the reason why right now. Most, if not all, of you know the slumb I got into a few months back with money issues then my grandfather dying, its been a really messed up past few months for me. Most of you have gotten your cases unless you live outside of the US or you made a massive order, ie Kitsch. Your orders ate ready and just waiting to be shipped. Once everything is caught up I will be taking a short break to gather materials and making a set number of orders i will accept at a time so the back up issue im having now will be a lot easier to maintain and control. I will also no longer be accepting big orders of 10 cases and up unless i have absolutely no other orders in the mix. Im working full time now and it take about 3 hours to do a decent cloth gameboy and i just dont have the time anymore for big orders. So Kitsch and Loomis, sorry dudes not happening again anytime soon. Especially sorry to Kitsch, I know youve been waiting man and ill be worth the wait I promise. But I hate making people wait and its bad rep so I cant do that to you or myself again.

Louisiana

Basically Im going to be focusing on unique sets instead of big orders.