LA:CA

As the title states above what do you consider "essential" for chiptune needs.

Swansea, UK

Nothing. I ride unmodded.

ohgodno, Indiana

mainly just a backlight if you dont have a nuby

Abandoned on Fire

Go raw dog.

Nottingham, UK

Unless you live in a cave or gig a lot, back light isn't essential.

If you're just learning, and aren't inputting your gameboy into miles of leads, the prosound isn't necessary.

Gameboy cup holder though. Can't live without that shit.

Unsubscribe
b4by f4c3 wrote:

mainly just a backlight if you dont have a nuby

babylon

seems pretty relative. i feel aesthetic mods should come second to things like an underclock or variable pitch, but thats just me.

buffalo, NY

It's not aesthetic once you played a show without one with no light on stage.  There's a function.

Nottingham, UK
danimal cannon wrote:

It's not aesthetic once you played a show without one with no light on stage.  There's a function.

I have a tiny lamp for gigging...

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Mar 14, 2013 6:13 pm)

IL, US

could go all out and wear night vision goggles, help with spotting atractive audience members as well

Los Angeles, CA

I've been playing with no mods since I've been playing.  Only one that's ever been an issue is the lack of backlight.

babylon
danimal cannon wrote:

ok thats true. all im saying is you can get light without a backlight. you cant control pitch or midi without the special modification. does the op have to choose based on finances or something? cause you know . . . theres nothing wrong with a gameboy that has everything if you can afford it.

Unsubscribe

ive never seen anyone practically use an underlock or pitch mod live. Its not very essential in my opinion.

babylon

really? huh. ive played whole sets with an underclocked gameboy. i think they're  the bees knees.

edit:grammar

Last edited by walter b. gentle (Mar 14, 2013 6:34 pm)

buffalo, NY

The wave channel play a C1, (even though it's listed as a C2) which is 32.70hz...

32hz is below what 95% of speakers can reproduce, you'd need a sub to hear it. (and a lot of subs bottom out at 35-40hz) Go ahead, program a sine wave at lowest C on the wave channel, all you'll hear is a faint overtone unless you have an incredibly ranged system, which is probably just an artifact from the 4bit waveform sampling. 

What does this mean?  Nobody ever should need an underclocked gameboy.  For what you lose in processing power, you gain an octave you don't need. 

Just my 2 cents

Czech republic

Yeah. Only noobs use pulse channels.