not jophish anymore

Hmmm. This looks like a REALLY cool idea. I may try my hand at this. This is definitely a challenge, though.

EDIT: Question. What if we don't "own", or have access to an acoustic piano? Can we use sample based VSTs? Not crappy ones that sound like shit, but nice ones that sound real.

Last edited by Jophish (Apr 1, 2010 2:07 pm)

Edmonton, Canada

I call dips on Dispatch by J Arthur Keenes.

Last edited by lynit (Apr 4, 2010 12:32 am)

Edinburgh

Track choice update: 'Dance 1' abandoned, in case anyone else wants to attempt it. I've done 'Dance 2' instead.

Edit: spelling, gah.

Last edited by Comptroller (Apr 5, 2010 10:42 am)

No VSTs.  Also, please encode all MP3s in 320 kb/s and email them all to me when you are finished.  Thank you!

It was brought to my attention that I forgot to include my email!  underpressure116 AT gmail DOT com

uhajdafdfdfa
Jophish wrote:

Hmmm. This looks like a REALLY cool idea. I may try my hand at this. This is definitely a challenge, though.

EDIT: Question. What if we don't "own", or have access to an acoustic piano? Can we use sample based VSTs? Not crappy ones that sound like shit, but nice ones that sound real.

Make some sheet music and post it here, maybe some kind chipmusic.org pianist will play it for you. smile

ant1 wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

what would you guys use for bass instead of an electric bass? we don't own one of those acoustic bass guitars.

And unplugged electric bass leaning against a door/table/wooden box/etc?

not jophish anymore

SO is anybody still pursuing this? I'm working on a track right now. I really want to see this happen.

Edmonton, Canada

I recorded my arrangement of 'Dispatch'. Might end up re recording the guitar, but we'll see...

Beware, you  might want to get back to this...

Pennsylvania, USA

Excellent idea. If I had a way of recording my  piano, I would definitely contribute to this.

Milan, Italy

What's going with this compo?
I've finished composing my interpretation.

Should i spend time recording and mixing it?

Milan, Italy
tempsoundsolutions wrote:

so what youre saying is that you should finish your song and then submit it and not spend time recording and mixing it yea?

I'm asking if the compilation is going to be real or just a propose; since the recordings would take much time and energy.

Beware wrote:

No deadline (yet).  I will set one once I see how much interest there is.

There seems to be enough interest.  There is still no deadline, but I would appreciate tracks ASAP.  The sooner I get tracks, the sooner I can set a deadline.  So far I only have one entry. :3

Milan, Italy

ok so i'm going to complete my track asap.
thank you for the response. smile

Edinburgh
Beware wrote:

So far I only have one entry. :3

Has my entry been rejected then? I feel lame posting this question, but you haven't replied to my emails or PMs in the past.

Certainly not!  No judging process will take place until all the entries have been received!  I had simply forgotten you and someone else submitted one already. XD I haven't replied to your emails or PMs because I felt your questions were much better answered in the thread since I didn't want to have to reply to a dozen PMs/emails asking the same questions. wink