Florianópolis-SC, Brasil

@stancoolness, just some ideas:

- I'll try not to be a dick about it, but get rid of that Dragon Ball banner. It's not out of dickness I say this, but that just don't help a lot. There are plenty of artists here on cm.o, and some could be really nice and help you out with this.
- Avoid linking "Music Suggestions" if you don't want some drama, unless you want to make sure that site is YOUR thing. Instead you could link to chipmusic tag on last.fm and soundcloud.
- Create different sessions, like, say, "Forums", "Samples", "Softwares", "Blogs", "Net labels", "Stores" and so on, I guess you got the idea. It would be really helpful to have this, specially the "Samples" session.

You can really do a nice thing, and if you want some help, don't be shy and ask it already. Good luck dude.

Gosford, Australia

cm.o: over 9000 ducks

Saskrotch wrote:
nerdsome wrote:

You make me hate this forum.....

Good.

Elipses are .....stupid too. If .....you've got ......more to say, .....say it. If you don't....., use a god .....damn period................................

Mate, I don't understand why people like you have to be so fucking negative and mean....................

vargero wrote:

@stancoolness, just some ideas.......

Good advice.  Hopefully everyone else will be helpful like this.

my mom's basement

The chipmusic community is based around chipmusic first. Our second most common topic here is people posting something about the chipmusic community, then everyone sees who can be the most negative and mean.

That said, I like the website, it had links I didn't even know about.

Last edited by Catf1sh (Mar 24, 2013 11:35 pm)

西安
vargero wrote:

- I'll try not to be a dick about it, but get rid of that Dragon Ball banner. It's not out of dickness I say this, but that just don't help a lot. There are plenty of artists here on cm.o, and some could be really nice and help you out with this.
- Avoid linking "Music Suggestions" if you don't want some drama, unless you want to make sure that site is YOUR thing. Instead you could link to chipmusic tag on last.fm and soundcloud.
- Create different sessions, like, say, "Forums", "Samples", "Softwares", "Blogs", "Net labels", "Stores" and so on, I guess you got the idea. It would be really helpful to have this, specially the "Samples" session.

Agree wholeheartedly. Dragonball is (unfortunately) polarizing - I am in the camp that thinks it's pretty stupid, but regardless not good fodder for a neutral links/portal page. Music suggestions will also certainly cause drama.

Again, not to be elitist (as I'm certainly far from elite) but you'd also do well to remove all of the extraneous "Check out X link...mostly 'cause it's totally awesome and rad". Yes these things are obviously great (otherwise why would you link them?) but as I understand your site its purpose is to introduce and explain about other sites rather than tag them with a few meaningless adjectives. Hopefully, we can just assume all the links will be "pretty fantastic". smile

Chicago

jesy we need 2 kuk

Last edited by stancoolness (Sep 19, 2013 2:56 am)

ad-hell-aide

This is suitable for the releases section, I think.

Just a quick formatting gripe: the link buttons and the descriptions seem to align weirdly and make it somewhat difficult to visually match up the "description" with the "button".

ad-hell-aide

Also: What does DBZ have to do with chipmusic?

But I do like the idea of the site smile

Abandoned on Fire

Have a look at http://woolyss.com/  Thats my go to resource website.  See if you can improve on whats already been done there or at least fill in some blanks.  Good luck!

vancouver, canada

i second the removal of the Goku banner.  it just makes the site look amateurish, it's not really that funny, and makes it seem like it's not worth people's time. 

and a point related to web design in general.  for a site that purports to provide easy access to chipmusic resources and links, pretty much none of that is even visible on the site when you arrive to it.  None of the links even appear on the site until you go one page down.   The "Links Hub" is hidden away on another page.  Generally, a site should have the shortest path of resistance possible to what's being offered.  (Another reason why you should get rid of the Goku banner).

The links themselves are pretty good though, i think if you devote yourself to continuously maintaining a well-curated selection of links then it would prove a valuable resource to the chip community and those who want to get involved.

shanghai

one look at that makes me think that if its aimed at an age range of 12-15 its probably spot on. If its aimed at a more wide spread age range then id lose the gay banner and make it look, well a bit less gay. Oh fuck we're not allowed to use that word anymore are we. Just make it look less cheesey then.

Chicago

bad post #0 (Mother 1 English-translated Prototype)

Last edited by stancoolness (Sep 19, 2013 2:59 am)

Chicago

bad post #1

Last edited by stancoolness (Sep 19, 2013 2:58 am)

Chicago

bad post #2: 6 Golden Coins

Last edited by stancoolness (Sep 19, 2013 2:58 am)

vancouver, canada

look man, people here are just being honest about what they see.  you may think this thread may be full of worthless kneejerk reactions, but think of it this way: you're seeing the actual internal thoughts that will likely go through many visitors' minds when they see your site.   this is useful to you and should give you a sense of how your site will be received at large, so it would do you some good not ignore the first impressions, however trolly they may seem.

in case it wasn't made clear to you, my advice to you was to make the links, the actual relevant content of your site more easily accessible.  doing this will make visitors happier not doing this will make it that much harder for people to want to use your site.   simple as that.

Chicago

peeeeeeeace

Last edited by stancoolness (Sep 19, 2013 2:59 am)