Sydney, NSW

I'm sorry, but center aligned text is a mad boner-kill.

I think this coudl turn out to be something really good! (despite being a Weebly site and all) Just make sure you keep up to date with things and try not to get too biased.

shanghai

its a dumb move to post here or anywhere if you only want 'positive feedback'. No offence, but if you just want back pats you should just send to family members or friends that would feel too awkward telling you it needs work........ if the site looks cheesey then people here are gonna say so.  I dont wanna shit on anyones cornflakes - but come on, the first impressions of a site are the most vital, if it looks like its not taking itself seriously then no one is gonna take it seriously.

Chicago

bad post, please refer to the manual for further instructions

Last edited by stancoolness (Sep 19, 2013 3:00 am)

Downstate wrote:

its a dumb move to post here or anywhere if you only want 'positive feedback'. No offence, but if you just want back pats you should just send to family members or friends that would feel too awkward telling you it needs work........ if the site looks cheesey then people here are gonna say so.  I dont wanna shit on anyones cornflakes - but come on, the first impressions of a site are the most vital, if it looks like its not taking itself seriously then no one is gonna take it seriously.

I'm sure constructive criticism is accepted gladly but some people were being straight negative.  "Dogshit dildo" might be a hilarious phrase but the site isn't that bad.

my mom's basement

Never post things you don't want torn to pieces on CM.O, unless you're talented and want to see the giant circlejerk that ensues.

California, United States

How about adding sites like 8bitpeoples, botb, iimusic, and ubiktune. As well as links to trackers, such as milkytracker, Famitracker Deflemask, and such. I'll PM you a list of links when I have the time

Chicago IL
nerdsome wrote:

"Dogshit dildo" might be a hilarious phrase but the site isn't that bad.

Well the "links hub" is only 16 links, plus 6 artist links, 1 of which i've heard anyone else mention before.

And the links hub includes his own personal site, a ROM site, bandcamp and soundcloud, and 4 different links that all go to retrousb.

It's hilarious phrase AND the site is bad. It's basically a vanity project with no real substance.

South Korea

I agree with Doxic, add links to the bigger NetLabels (i'll add http://www.ptesquad.com/ to his list) , maybe some of the "essential" chip albums and a little FAQ for the truly uninitiated. I'm sure there are many people who want to get into chipmusic, even just as a fan, without getting called dildos by people who have (apparently) been into chipmusic before the invention of soundchips or music. http://chipflip.wordpress.com/ is a site with plenty of information about the origins of chipmusic, the nature of it, and the dildos who rip off true artists.

California, United States
Saskrotch wrote:
nerdsome wrote:

"Dogshit dildo" might be a hilarious phrase but the site isn't that bad.

Well the "links hub" is only 16 links, plus 6 artist links, 1 of which i've heard anyone else mention before.

And the links hub includes his own personal site, a ROM site, bandcamp and soundcloud, and 4 different links that all go to retrousb.

It's hilarious phrase AND the site is bad. It's basically a vanity project with no real substance.

Which you could argue is the entire reason for him asking for links.

Chicago IL
Doxic wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

Which you could argue is the entire reason for him asking for links.

You could also argue that if these are all the links he knew of on his own, he probably shouldn't be starting a website for chip-related links.

Also, when I said dogshit dildo, I was referring to how a completely irrelevant Dragon Ball Z meme image made me feel about visiting a site. It could've been any site and I would've felt the same way.

Also, please imagine how awful it would be to try to derive pleasure from a dogshit dildo. Just because!

Seattle, WA US

yeah for realzies tho leave out the DBZ shit it makes everybody look like internet nerds. we are not all internet nerds

Chicago

Last edited by stancoolness (Sep 19, 2013 3:05 am)

Chicago

this topic was an über bad one

Last edited by stancoolness (Sep 19, 2013 3:06 am)

Melbtown, Lolstralia
egr wrote:

Have a look at http://woolyss.com/  Thats my go to resource website.  See if you can improve on whats already been done there or at least fill in some blanks.  Good luck!

This should contain almost all the links you could ever need.. perhaps ask to contribute to this already developed and respected site

shanghai

second for http://woolyss.com/

good site - make something equally good or even better than that ! -id say this is the benchmark otherwise its not worth your effort !

los angeles

shittiest design