washington

i feel like the 'assholes' (myself included) are generally abrasive towards noobs and people that ask stupid questions because we're all tired of answering stupid questions.

that's what i'm getting from y'all, more than likely, i'm sorely mistaken.

South Korea

Okay, so if all you 'established' scenesters are SO tired of answering stupid questions, then simply stop answering them.
Generally the title of the thread gives some indication as to the content and questions asked, so why even bother reading if you KNOW it's just another n00b asking about how to get LSDj on their GameBoy?
Making people who are new to this feel stupid for asking questions is knit-picky and alienating. Do you guys really want a stagnant scene just so you can have a grumpy little 'back-in-my-day' circle-jerk?

DeerPresident wrote:

you guys have earned the right to say whatever the fuck you want

DeerPresident wrote:

Okay, so if all you 'established' scenesters are SO tired of answering stupid questions, then simply stop answering them.

wat

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Mar 26, 2013 3:52 am)

South Korea

What I meant was, they've earned the right to bitch, because they contribute positively as well. I started this thread to find out about the real sourpuss assholes who have NOTHING good to say and no CONSTRUCTIVE criticism to give. Why even fucking bother if you can't see any good in people joining your community and wanting to get involved?

DeerPresident wrote:

What I meant was, they've earned the right to bitch, because they contribute positively as well. I started this thread to find out about the real sourpuss assholes who have NOTHING good to say and no CONSTRUCTIVE criticism to give. Why even fucking bother if you can't see any good in people joining your community and wanting to get involved?

who?

Unsubscribe

Me.

Last edited by herr_prof (Mar 26, 2013 4:06 am)

herr_prof wrote:

I have.

you have what?

washington

to answer deerpresident's previous question, no.

i'm not saying that we should act the way we do, i was just trying to say why we act that way.

i'm a douche to people sometimes on this forum, and i shouldn't, because only about a year ago, i was doing the 'my first lsdj' dance. we really should treat people that are new to this forum and the chip community better, because nobody wants a scene full of recycled douchebags who write the same shit over and over and bitch about it when nobody buys it (i'm speaking hypothetically, not from examples).

i'm not sure why we act the way we do, but we really should change.

edit for grammar and relevance and things.

Last edited by basspuddle (Mar 26, 2013 4:06 am)

Unsubscribe

Seriously though you need to have a sense of humor about things. The scene has never taken itself seriously and been full of smart asses for years. What I don't get us the sudden influx of angry people I've never heard of who seem to know how everything works and feel the need to point out that sometimes people are shits. Just post shit you like, comment on things you want to see more of, ignore everything else and grow a fucking thicker skin already.

basspuddle wrote:

i'm not sure why we act the way we do, but we really should change.

but if you have good grammar and have put out good music then you don't have to change, according to earlier this thread.

washington
defPREMIUM wrote:

but if you have good grammar and have put out good music then you don't have to change, according to earlier this thread.

well that's two strikes for me

forgive me if i'm being obnoxious, but i cannot think of any individuals on here who offer exclusively negative dicky criticism.. anyone who posts dicky comments can always be found to balance it elsewhere. saskrotch is a good example. he puts out great music, and balances being a dick to people with participating positively in the community.. but if you're not going to criticize him, then who are you criticizing?

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Mar 26, 2013 4:17 am)

basspuddle wrote:
defPREMIUM wrote:

well that's two strikes for me

disagree- i like your music. and you if you edit your posts for grammar like you did above, you're miles ahead of many others on here.

washington

heart

herr_prof wrote:

Me.

not true. it took me no time to find positive comments among your posts.

Unsubscribe

Thanks for the research! My point is that its OK TO HAVE DICKS. The world is full of dicks, so who better to teach you to be immune to one then someone who is vaguely interested in the same shit you are into.

Last edited by herr_prof (Mar 26, 2013 4:32 am)