herr_prof wrote:

Thanks for the research! My point is that its OK TO HAVE DICKS. The world is full of dicks, so who better to teach you to be immune to one then someone who is vaguely interested in the same shit you are into.

i'm agreeing with you.. i am disagreeing with the premise of this thread which is that there are people on this site who have nothing to offer except dickyness. you said that you were one of those people, which is definitely not true. my point is that if deerpresident is not going to criticize saskrotch, who is the perfect example of what i am talking about, then he is criticizing a group of people who do not exist on this forum (at least from what i have observed- prove me wrong with a name).

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Mar 26, 2013 4:37 am)

Unsubscribe

I'm talking about the thesis not the side chatter. Keep up son.

no you!

South Korea

I'm not kissing saskrotch or anyone's ass. He acts like a dick frequently, and so does that "punk is dead" guy whose name I don't care to remember. There is no need to be a dick to anybody on this site, even if they are noobyMcDipshit asking about where to buy a LSDj game and you are the dude who designed the fucking Commodore 64. There will always be music you don't like/think is shit and questions that annoy you, but you can CHOOSE to act like a loudmouthed troglodyte or to just ignore it and make something cool. I am very interested in making the biggest fucking racket possible with LSDj, and I don't think many people will appreciate what I do because I'm new and I'm not trying to sound like Bit Shifter or whoever.
I'm not asking to be praised for mediocrity, and the grouphug comment was said in jest, but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask this community to be a bit more friendly to newcomers. Most of us n00bs are here looking for real advice and PROBABLY some like-minded people we can hang out with and share ideas.

but it's so boooooooring

Unsubscribe

Yea sure but there are other ways of not being a pushover then starting fights with people you don't like. Take the higher ground and stick to commenting on stuff you like with people you like.

Douglas, Wyoming
Victory Road wrote:

ugh, dat caption alignment

I did it just for you heart

Chicago IL

These noobs ain't gonna pwn themselves.

PA,USA

Remember me guys? I'm proof of all the negativity of this place. I made a shit peace of shit and didn't realize it last year and put it on this site because I was told it was a great place to get started,learn, and because it was "a good idea" and then i got cursed at,falsely accused(was it trolling?) and discriminated. Been lerking and practicing ever since,because,basically,aint no body got time for dat shit.I laugh at it now though,but since then,all I believe there is here is a bunch of jerks with useful information....the worst kind of jerks. hmm

Last edited by Smashboy (Mar 26, 2013 10:35 am)

Saskrotch wrote:

These noobs ain't gonna pwn themselves.

Gosford, Australia
Smashboy wrote:

Remember me guys? I'm proof of all the negativity of this place. I made a shit peace of shit and didn't realize it last year and put it on this site because I was told it was a great place to get started,learn, and because it was "a good idea" and then i got cursed at,falsely accused(was it trolling?) and discriminated.

oh man that thread was fun. btw not proof of anything because none of that actually happened.

i guess the moral of the story is don't read between imaginary lines.

Nottingham, UK
Smashboy wrote:

Remember me guys? I'm proof of all the negativity of this place. I made a shit peace of shit and didn't realize it last year and put it on this site because I was told it was a great place to get started,learn, and because it was "a good idea" and then i got cursed at,falsely accused(was it trolling?) and discriminated. Been lerking and practicing ever since,because,basically,aint no body got time for dat shit.I laugh at it now though,but since then,all I believe there is here is a bunch of jerks with useful information....the worst kind of jerks. hmm

If I remember, you asked for CC and people gave it you and then suggested that you write more songs before submitting to CC because your first song will always not be that great.

Then the thread rolled off into some other world of people being dumb unrelated to you entirely.

Brunswick, GA USA
herr_prof wrote:

Don't post on the weekend

I read the Smashboy thread and understood.

The positive thing in Smashboy's thread is that the pattern to closing it wasn't the same, and that about two thirds of the users in the thread are still with us, so to speak.

This thread is actually positive too, but I don't really get a feeling that things are going to improve much.

Saskrotch wrote:

These... noobs... ain't... gonna... pwn... themselves...................

Tokyo, Japan

Am I one of the chipmusic elite?

Earth
Smashboy wrote:

People do have high standards here, and they can have a bad day, and then just be incredulous that you would post your "mediocre music". But  they had the desired effect, which is that you went back and practiced more. Post more music when you're more proficient. But some people are just jerks.