Hi, I'm kinda new to this forum. I've recently been really interested in chipmusic made on gameboys, DAWs, and anything that sounds like chipmusic. I also recently begun producing chipmusic using FL Studio 10. I use various VSTs to emulate that chiptune sound like SIDs and LSDJ. Anyway, I've posted a track in the constructive criticism forum for people to give feedback. Although nobody has replied, it has about 65 views on it. This is the link to it: http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/10448 … gae-style/

I'd love to get some feedback as it is my first chiptune track.
Also, I have posted a couple other chiptune tracks on my soundcloud, if you would like to have a listen at those, the link is: https://soundcloud.com/deltabytemusic

Thanks everyone!

There are like 10 threads on this front page you should have read before you posted any of that.

washington

i really dig the track. the percussion was super solid even though the offbeat snare hits seemed a little out of place to me, the melodies were light and not overpowering, overall well done. especially for a first track.

be sure to introduce yourself in this thread, and most of all, welcome! we're always happy to see new people joining the community!

edit:

Rick Nasty wrote:

There are like 10 threads on this front page you should have read before you posted any of that.

don't mind him.

Last edited by basspuddle (Mar 28, 2013 12:04 am)

Gosford, Australia
Rick Nasty wrote:

dick pls

Brunswick, GA USA

please visit http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/7043/ … on-thread/

Sorry everyone! I don't pay attention to things sometimes xD

Gosford, Australia

it's all g! welcome to the party.

hey the reggae track was something different.. idk that i've heard chip reggae before but i'm sure it is out there. it was pretty good but the parts where it was just the drums and the bass were kind of annoying because even on my ok headphones i could barely hear the bass.. and every time the song got going somewhere it seemed like those awkward little quiet drums/bass moments prevented the track from moving..

the crazy eights track was pretty cool i think. i like the chord progression and structure. maybe a little over compressed?

defPREMIUM wrote:

hey the reggae track was something different.. idk that i've heard chip reggae before but i'm sure it is out there. it was pretty good but the parts where it was just the drums and the bass were kind of annoying because even on my ok headphones i could barely hear the bass.. and every time the song got going somewhere it seemed like those awkward little quiet drums/bass moments prevented the track from moving..

the crazy eights track was pretty cool i think. i like the chord progression and structure. maybe a little over compressed?

Yeah, I'm not so great with Mastering and Compressing my stuff. And trust me, if you had some headphones that picked up lower frequencies (or just maybe boosted them) that track (Reggae one) would probably bit a bit better.

my mom's basement

I clicked on this thread with the sole purpose of redirecting you to the introduction thread, but then I listened to your music, and it's far superior to the usual "my first l̶s̶d̶j̶ fakebit," so I changed my mind. Welcome to cm.o

Also, I'd love to hear some more reggae chiptunes if anyone knows of any. I vaguely remember a piggy tracker dub set, but I can't seem to find it.

Catf1sh wrote:

I clicked on this thread with the sole purpose of redirecting you to the introduction thread, but then I listened to your music, and it's far superior to the usual "my first l̶s̶d̶j̶ fakebit," so I changed my mind. Welcome to cm.o

Also, I'd love to hear some more reggae chiptunes if anyone knows of any. I vaguely remember a piggy tracker dub set, but I can't seem to find it.

Look up Rude Boy 8bit and Warm Yummy Dub. They are reggae/chiptune crossover sort of tunes.

Auburn, WA, US

I'm really enjoying the reggae track. I always tend to write my responses while listening to the track. The very beginning kind of put me off. You being new, I was like, "Oh lawd, here we go. This is some amateur sounding stuff, I hope I don't sound like this when I start..." but once you brought the rhythm it was all gewwwwwd. Shit is mega chill, bro. I do dig the bass. Very nice. Would encourage to bring other influences into the reggae chip thing and see what happens.