South Korea

If you can transcribe the instruments and tables for any of the sounds you use that would be AMASING! I am obviously very new to this, and need to learn as much as possible. Thanks to everybody for helping me out with this.

Madriz, Supain

Hit me with a PM so I dont forget it ( im on my phone now) , Im no lsdj expert butbif I can help you ill do it smile

Unsubscribe

the problem I ahve with chip metal and black metal in general is that if the hits arent BIG it sounds really dumb. Its like a tiny tasmanian devil.

Abandoned on Fire

This might give you inspiration on "feel", having vocals or really any additional elements is a big plus.  Specifically check out "Bloodstep" and "Not Meant To Be".

Link: http://datathrash.bandcamp.com/album/ri … -the-diary

SLC, UT

I nominate this for best thread of 2013.

Abandoned on Fire
The Silph Scope wrote:

Yeah, my buddy and I make black metal & brutal death metal using LSDJ (sometimes Korg's M01 instead) and his vocals.
I use sample kits for drums, and the pulses for errthing else. Noise is for dummies.
We don't have much recorded right now, but we have a couple EPs planned once he gets out of jail later this year.

Been looking forward to that for a while!

México, DF.

Vileplume, maybe?
I think he pretty much succeeded on making metal with a chiptune device.
http://vileplume.bandcamp.com/

Also, blast beats and tremolo picking. Seriously, it's not that hard.

buffalo, NY
bryface wrote:
DeerPresident wrote:

The drum track on that Danimal Cannon tune is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for.
Is it done with sampled kits or is it all noise snares/hihats and pulse kicks (I can't really tell)?

i couldn't say for sure but i do believe danimal heavily favours WAV kicks.  it sounds like in that particular song he programs them to start at a higher note than what most people do, in order to give it an audible squeak.  also, i believe there are some parts in the song where the bass tonality is implied through the harmony, but not actually played, allowing more room for percussive stuff.

if you buy that album you'll get access to the SAVs in the download, so you can find out for yourself.

yup wav kicks.  For this track in particular I used a "shorter" kick (less ticks than I usually do), there isn't as much bass to it but it's a lot tighter for the fast stuff.

You can get away with sneaking bass notes in between the kicks since kicks take such a precedence in heavy music.  There's definitely one part of the song where I lazily transposed the kick/bass for a chord change and you can hear the tonality of the kick changing.  I usually never do that, but I was trying to economize channels and never fixed it.

shanghai

We could have made a Burzum compilation if he hadnt turned into a Nazi douche. What a shame.

Unsubscribe

"turned into"

South Korea

Wowholyshit, those vileplume songs are pretty much EXACTLY what I'd like to do, nothing cute or catchy. How to do it? Like I've previously said, I'm pretty new at this, and I'm looking for advice and inspiration.
A Burzum compilation, or just a random black/extreme metal compilation would be pretty sweet. Any netlabel guys wanna do it?

shanghai
herr_prof wrote:

"turned into"

I think he was just a nerd playing with sticks and wanking over lord of the rings books when he started Burzum. Who knows.
Once he was in prison and knocking about with skinheads of course i lost all respect for the cockhead and thankfully all his musical and literacy output since then has been utter shite.

shanghai
herr_prof wrote:

"turned into"

I think he was just a nerd playing with sticks and wanking over lord of the rings books when he started Burzum. Who knows.
Once he was in prison and knocking about with skinheads of course i lost all respect for the cockhead and thankfully all his musical and literacy output since then has been utter shite.

shanghai
herr_prof wrote:

"turned into"

shanghai

double posts due to weird chinese internetz.

hey you know the great firewall of china blocks chipmusic.org now as of last week .. ?.... i dont know why. have to use vpn most of the time.
Who said rude things about chairman mau ? own up ! haha

Los Angeles, CA

http://datathrash.bandcamp.com/track/deathcrush

In retrospect, I could've done a much better job.