Wussup, First post here, been lurking for quite some time.

I'm a lsdj/renoise user and I'm really interested in getting a platform to get my piggy on. Been using the windows version a bit and I'm really excited by the possibilities. yikes

I'm not able to find a gp2x/caanoo for a reasonable price, so I've looked at the psp options, they're way more accessible and cheap it seems.

I just wanted to know if it was possible to install it on newer version of the psp (i'm looking at the 3000 or the vita), or is it psp 1k-2k only?
Cause I remember seeing a video where the guy mentions its not possible to use the piggy on the 3k without some sort of special program (i know about the custom firmware, but he was starting an obscure asian game in order to ''unlock'' lgpt)..

anyways,

thanks y'all. cant wait to start tracking ANYWHERE

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Apr 20, 2013 12:26 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

Welcome to the fold!  Piggy can run on all PSP's, some might require more messin' around than others, but it's all possible.

West Yorks, UK

There are also the Dingoo machines to look into if you dont know of them already. should be more availible than the gp2x's, and cheaper.

If you are interested in midi out from the piggy though, I heartily reccomend hunting a gp2x f100/f200 and a getting hold of a piggy to midi interface from Kitsch, well worth it!

thanks guys! The midi isnt really important for me, as I use renoise already for midi sequencing duty, although it would allow for a sick minimalist setup if midi connected to a hardware synth/sampler!

Having never run lgpt on something else than the computer, I'm afraid it wouldnt run as smoothly on dingoo/older gp2x, but now that I think of it, it shouldnt make such a big difference, could it?

Abandoned on Fire
lvvvl wrote:

thanks guys! The midi isnt really important for me, as I use renoise already for midi sequencing duty, although it would allow for a sick minimalist setup if midi connected to a hardware synth/sampler!

Having never run lgpt on something else than the computer, I'm afraid it wouldnt run as smoothly on dingoo/older gp2x, but now that I think of it, it shouldnt make such a big difference, could it?

Well, consider that Little GamePark Tracker was initially developed for the GamePark handhelds.  It runs buttery smooth on all platforms.  wink

Unsubscribe

The only advantage on pc is projects with large samples load much faster.

England
egr wrote:

Well, consider that Little GamePark Tracker was initially developed for the GamePark handhelds.  It runs buttery smooth on all platforms.  wink

I wouldnt recommended it on the GP32! Very unstable, I dont think its even available for it anymore smile

Puerto Rico

http://www.gcw-zero.com/ gcw zerooooooooooooooo

Netherl4nds

I work on a PSP Street (the last of the psp series). You can run CFW on it so LGPT will work!

Abandoned on Fire
Sup4durt wrote:

I work on a PSP Street (the last of the psp series). You can run CFW on it so LGPT will work!

I've been really curious about those, never seen one for sale.  Is the size similar to the Vita?

Netherl4nds

The PSP e1000 is smaller then a PS Vita

PSP, PSP, PSP:

PSP vs. PS Vita

Tokyo, Japan

Clarified title a bit!

VA

I found the original PSP to be the easiest to get going, but I always had some issues with sample loading. It just took forever, not that huge of a deal. I eventually got a caanoo and all is well.

Chicago IL

If you need to get some CFW going, the easiest way is to buy a Pandora battery, which boots it into service mode. They're fairly cheap, and you only have to do it once.

Buy a screen protector for your PSP though cause those things get scratched to hell, and it's infuriating because the scratches always look like there's just some moisture on the screen that you can wipe away.

.FILTHadelphia
Saskrotch wrote:

If you need to get some CFW going, the easiest way is to buy a Pandora battery, which boots it into service mode. They're fairly cheap, and you only have to do it once.

Buy a screen protector for your PSP though cause those things get scratched to hell, and it's infuriating because the scratches always look like there's just some moisture on the screen that you can wipe away.

You can make your own Pandora battery out of your original battery as well. It's almost idiot proof some 10 year old kid on YouTube taught me how to make mine.

Finally grabbed a psp 2k for dirt cheap, its running very smooth so far!

Thanks for the help everybody!