Spokane WA/ Simi Valley CA

Hello members of Chipmusic.org!

My name is TalkPolite, or simply talk, and ill confess it now: Im a chipstep/chiptune addict. In fact Ive enjoyed Chiptune so much Ive been trying my best to share and grow the chiptune community. This last week I started a facebook page in the hopes that I can bring artists together into a common space and use the different groups that each person brings to strengthen the overall community. Currently the page has the support names like Chipzel, Kubbi, and DJ Cutman. Im also new to the genre, and have been trying to expose myself to as much music as possible.

While still small in numbers, the page has provided another area for artists to present their work to a broader audience. What i'd like from Chipmusic.org is some likes for the page to really get it off the ground. I know with your support, we can get chiptune the proper attention it deserves, while supporting the artists you already know and love.

The address is https://www.facebook.com/Chiptunespage. Thanks for your support guys! Ive already received so much positive support from the artists ive talked to, and I look forward to seeing new work on the page every day.

Chip on,
Talk Polite

*OP updated after community response, see the changes ive made on page 2*

**Send me a message if your a SoCal chiptuner and would like to book a show. I'd like to help!**

Last edited by TalkPolite (May 8, 2013 5:41 pm)

Chicago IL
TalkPolite wrote:

The address is https://www.facebook.com/Chipstep (it wouldnt let me use chiptune for some odd reason)

Because it's taken.

England

If you like Chipzel, Kubbi, and DJ Cutman and have a pokéball as an avatar, then I bet that I could easily submit some chipmusic that would go unappreciated.

Last edited by Jellica (May 3, 2013 11:11 am)

IL, US
Jellica wrote:

If you like Chipzel, Kubbi, and DJ Cutman and have a pokéball as an avatar, then I bet that I could easily submit some chipmusic that would go unappreciated.

ditto

Liverpool, UK

"A genre of music, consisting of 8-bit tunes, e.g. Super Mario and old Final Fantasy music, remixed with dubstep to create a hybrid genre of music."

calmdownkidder wrote:

"A genre of music, consisting of 8-bit tunes, e.g. Super Mario and old Final Fantasy music, remixed with dubstep to create a hybrid genre of music."

A wizard just dropped the bass.

Comment removed.

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 7:05 am)

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

You reek of ignorance.

New Albany Indiana

This is what i hate about cm.o, just let him be, so what, stop spewing poop every where.

Douglas, Wyoming

They say here at chipmusic.org that you could go to a hilltop and say "chipstep" or "video game music" and see the mad for miles as far as the eye can see

Unsubscribe

I think people appreciate good intentions, but just do your own thing and if the work is sincere and heartfelt you will eventually gain some traction and be pushing your own movement.

Feryl wrote:

"A genre of music, consisting of 8-bit tunes, e.g. Super Mario and old Final Fantasy music, remixed with dubstep to create a hybrid genre of music. Chiptune is welcome to stay here too"

Not cool, bro.

What do you do with all the mad that you feel?

NC in the US of America

I'm really confused by the reception here. I know that dubstep is oft looked down upon here, and so is the description of "chiptune is remixed video game music". So are you guys defending chipstep as being more legitimate and original than simply  remixed vgmstep? Are you saying Super Mario is too good for dubstep? The definition posted is clearly a description of chipstep, not chiptune, as evidenced by the last sentence, just in case that wasn't clear. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what it is...

In any case, OP, what everybody is trying to tell you is that Chip* music has transcended it's video game roots, and mentioning "video game" and "remix" in the same paragraph as "chiptune" is not smiled upon. Chiptune has a very rich, original, and creative history, and I encourage you to visit the stickied "chipmusic faq" thread to see what it's really all about.

edited for missing words. ugh, I need to pay more attention

Last edited by SketchMan3 (May 3, 2013 8:03 pm)

babylon

aint nothing wrong with a little step in ya chip. but i cant say i trust this guy to be an expert on the subject. i didnt forsee peoples reactions going any differently. cause you know . . . we mean and shit.

Alive and well in fucksville

Does anyone realize that when you post your music on facebook you grant facebook a sub-license?

Chicago

There are a fair number of other established outlets already accomplishing what OP is starting. if you want to go for it, go for it. it can't hurt. at the least,  I'd recommend opening up communication with the chip communities you are, probably unknowingly, emulating.