Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

if shelling out at least $100 for your main musical platform / medium is too much money you shouldn't be making music at all..

where has the world gone wrong where we expect to pay so little for so much.. >_<

Milan, Italy
egr wrote:

Also, here's a review with more pics: http://tinyurl.com/ybtywef

holy hell...
is it THAT big?!

i was wandering it was in some gameboymicro size... :S

Geneva, NY
herr_prof wrote:

I CANT SEE THAT FROM THE PHOTO DINGBAT

MOVE YOUR NOSE CLOSER TO THE SCREEN.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

gp2x, and psp sound like the best options.. why bother with anything else?
for real. every time a new handheld comes out it just distracts people from figuring out bugs on the current versions.
and working towards new ideas on existing versions.

Unsubscribe

So if the psp is awesome WHERE IS OUR MIDI INTEFACE

MAKE IT HAPPEN

IL, US
herr_prof wrote:

So if the psp is awesome WHERE IS OUR MIDI INTEFACE

MAKE IT HAPPEN

id donate towards this, you know i love my MIDI on everything

London, UK

From what I remember, didn't someone (Firestarter? Don't want to put words in peoples' mouths!) on the mailing list reckon that, since PSP has serial output, the hardware wouldn't be radically different to the GP2x MIDI circuit? I've got a vague memory of Marc saying he'd make a MIDI-enabled PSP build so that hardware types could see what they could come up with.

As I said, this is from memory, so it may be rubbish. If so, I apologise.

London, UK

And yes, PSP MIDI would be sweet. I'd love to get LGPT playing nicely with my TR707.....

BK
matt.nida wrote:

And yes, PSP MIDI would be sweet. I'd love to get LGPT playing nicely with my TR707.....

Definitely.  I'd love to get MIDI out on my PSP as well. If the PSP to MIDI circuit is basically the same as the GP2x to MIDI circuit, I'd love to try building one.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

I'd gladly work on psp midi hardware if said piggy app exists that would support. smile

London, UK
low-gain wrote:

I'd gladly work on psp midi hardware if said piggy app exists that would support. smile

And given how sweet your GP2x/MIDI box looks, I'd glady buy one!

Unsubscribe
low-gain wrote:

Chicken or the egg!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
herr_prof wrote:
low-gain wrote:

Chicken or the egg!

huH?

are you referring to the software coming first or the hardware?

how can hardware come before the software supports it? the hardware requires software to convert data.. so i would think piggy PSP needs the support for midi fist. smile

BK

sounds like we need to get donating to Marc to get the ball rolling.

Unsubscribe
low-gain wrote:

how can hardware come before the software supports it? the hardware requires software to convert data.. so i would think piggy PSP needs the support for midi fist. smile

There is already a midi interface for the psp. If marc had one he could dev for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dN_RP0IBAg

☺☺☺
low-gain wrote:

How about elaborating on this? tongue