Geneva, NY

I'd like to see MIDI fucking kick ass on ONE piggy platform first tongue

gp2x is getting close....

Unsubscribe

Getting close how? The only thing new its gotten is irtg in like two years!

Minneapolis
low-gain wrote:

gp2x, and psp sound like the best options.. why bother with anything else?
for real. every time a new handheld comes out it just distracts people from figuring out bugs on the current versions.
and working towards new ideas on existing versions.

Yeah, which is why, being dirt poor, I continue to work on the Apple IIgs despite the general lack of interest and my general lack of skill. And although there is no MIDI in NTGS, I do have MIDI working properly in a couple of other programs which is kinda fun to play around with. BUT, if you want to play with the Didj, why don't you get one to play about with and send one to the LGPT team for free? If it's Linux, you can probably mess about with it enough to compile some stuff. It would require learning and dedication, but could pay off if you really want to work on it.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
herr_prof wrote:

I'm wiling to throw down some cash if people are willing to chip in(pun intended)  as well to help pay Marc to make more updates to gp2x midi...
How ever.. we need more people using it w/ midi and documenting issues, and making a wish list.

IL, US
low-gain wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

I'm wiling to throw down some cash if people are willing to chip in(pun intended)  as well to help pay Marc to make more updates to gp2x midi...
How ever.. we need more people using it w/ midi and documenting issues, and making a wish list.

oh, ill work on this list since im using it for midi a ton... for starters, im having trouble getting midi program change to work correctly
seems to always just change it to program number 1...

Unsubscribe
low-gain wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

http://www.assembla.com/spaces/littlegptracker/tickets

Its more a matter of drawing the developers interest. There are plenty of midi freqs here. Anyone can donate money.

Unsubscribe
e.s.c. wrote:

oh, ill work on this list since im using it for midi a ton... for starters, im having trouble getting midi program change to work correctly

Thats weird, worked fine the last time I checked it ,, are you putting the program number in the right XXyy nibble? If so, you should report the bug at the link i posted above.

IL, US
herr_prof wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

Thats weird, worked fine the last time I checked it ,, are you putting the program number in the right XXyy nibble? If so, you should report the bug at the link i posted above.

ill double check this weekend, do you remember the correct way to input progrm changes off the top of your head? i forgot (since i gave up on getting it to work over a month ago) and cant find it in the LGPT wiki

Unsubscribe

http://gorehole.org/lgptWiki/doku.php?i … anual#mdpg

I cant test this at work as windows 7 general midi seems to be broken..I updated the wiki to be more clear how itSHOULD work. If not, its a bug.

United States

Last edited by Boner (Jun 26, 2010 12:31 am)

STARDRAIN, CA

Last edited by Kool Skull (Jun 11, 2010 5:07 pm)

STARDRAIN, CA
low-gain wrote:

if shelling out at least $100 for your main musical platform / medium is too much money you shouldn't be making music at all..

where has the world gone wrong where we expect to pay so little for so much.. >_<

I see what you mean, but honestly, cheaper art is efficient. Andy Warhol was efficient, and Damien Hirst is efficient. Efficiency is key to technology, and in many aspects, Technology and Art are one in the same.

Last edited by Kool Skull (Jun 11, 2010 5:08 pm)

STARDRAIN, CA
Emar wrote:
low-gain wrote:

I'd gladly work on psp midi hardware if said piggy app exists that would support. smile

How about elaborating on this? tongue

okay so Im probably way out of it, but what is this?

Melbourne, Australia
Kool Skull wrote:
Emar wrote:

How about elaborating on this? tongue

okay so Im probably way out of it, but what is this?

It's a dingoo, a small console that can run lgpt.

Unsubscribe

And that one has a 1/8 cables soldered to its tx/rx serial port big_smile

germany

is the volume on your dingoo as low as on mine, when using lpgt? i really only can use it, when plugging it to a mixer to amplify it, but mobile use is like hearing nothing sad     ... more volume power would be a great fix

Last edited by gp2xkid (Jun 25, 2010 3:46 am)