Bloomington, IN

Hey everyone!

I'm not sure if a thread already exists like this one but I was just wondering what everyone here does for a living? Do you live off your music or is it a side hobby to your everyday life? For example I love making music but irl I graduated this year with a major in geology. So currently i have no real job aside from a summer teaching job.

What about you?

I design fibre optic networks. I also sell my body to the night.

BK

Systems engineer at a software company also PRIVATE DANCER, DANCER FOR MONEY, ANY OLD SONG WILL DO

Abandoned on Fire

Frank, you don't have to put on the red light. Those days are over.

Madison, Alabama

I write boring things. With words.

At night I provide free childcare to a toddler. I have not figured out how to monetize that activity.

Detroit, Michigan

I am a Purchasing Manager at a machine shop. Writing chips and hanging out with friends is the only thing keeping me sane lol

I just lost my job.

So that's pretty much what I do now.

Last edited by Timbob (May 14, 2013 3:04 pm)

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

Being a student. Also I make pocket money writing for an events preview guide in Brighton.

hiding under your bed

I was a graphic designer in [a store], but business was getting too slow and it got to the point where I was only working 15 hours a week which was only enough to pay for gas and vehicle insurance. AND the store owner has no idea what she's doing and won't take help or advice from anyone (including the president of the company), so she's basically running the business into the ground. It was a fun job but I had to get out of there. The Amazon fulfillment center that opened up last fall called me last month (I did seasonal work for them in December) in the middle of my shift and basically said "Hey, if you want to work here again, here's your new schedule. Show up in two days. We'll pay you $11/hr and you're guaranteed 40+ hours a week and at least six months of work." So I quit my graphic design job that same day and I'm working at Amazon now.
The job sucks, and I have hardly any free time any more (40+ a week, hah. more like 60+), but I have plenty of cash now.

Last edited by PianoGameboy (May 14, 2013 3:50 pm)

New Albany Indiana

I don't really have a real job but i work with my dad at this veneer shop, i got paid 10.50 and hour with no taxes since im not employed really. I got a good sum of money for a 15 year old to have, spending it mostly on drinks and food, video games. I worked about 12 hour days, moving large piles of wood with a fork lift, also cleaning crap up. My Dad happens to be one of the best people in the field of veneer, designing fancy wood stuffs for jets and celebrities and stuff.

sweden

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/10651 … -jobmajor/

Santa Cruz, California

Art. I paint, sculpt, draw, and sew.
Tech. I repair game consoles, bikes, cars, motorcycles... and pretty much everything else.
Design. I have a garage full of amazing tools at my disposal, so I design and build all manner of stuff for people.

Business is slow, so I'm incredibly poor right now.

New Orleans, Louisiana

I work at Office Depot. It's absolutely disgusting.

Matthew Joseph Payne

Didn't we just do this thread?

I'm the equipment tech for a university music department, but I also make good money composing music. I'd eventually like to shift entirely to composing.

Planet Zaxxon

I fix computers/technology in a school system.. but I am looking for a 2nd job now as well..

New York City

I push rhymes like weight.

Last edited by akira^8GB (May 14, 2013 5:59 pm)