Louisville Ky

The only way i can get pass the server block is if i post a comment, so delete this.

UK, Leicester
Bit wish wrote:

it's sort of hard to take constructive criticism when it's delivered with this much scorn.

People are harsh/ dicks, it happens. Don't just not listen to what they say because the offended you, if anything, those who have the balls to say what they think, are going to be better at giving you CC than those who only say it's plus points, while avoiding the negative side of things

bryface wrote:

and Bit Wish, just so that you don't just write off Saskrotch's remark as some kind of douchebag comment, i'm telling you right now that he and most everyone in this thread is 100% correct.  I read your "article" and it was so haphazardly put together that i couldn't bother taking it seriously enough to analyze it in any detail.  And i'd like to think i'm a pretty tolerant guy when it comes to this stuff.

Okay BW, read this next bit carefully.  I have some suggestions for you that WILL absolutely make your life better, for yourself, and for the rest of us.  I'm saying DO THESE THINGS RIGHT NOW and immediately your experience will improve dramatically.

1) Please, please stop doing any more of your little projects with the expectation that it's of any value to the chipmusic community.  The article was a waste of our time, and even your time -- not because you wrote it, but because from the content of the article you clearly didn't have enough experience or knowledge to contribute anything substantial to the community.   That's where you are right now, but that can change over time.  Therefore....

2) ... Please be quiet for a while, don't post in any topics, and use the next few months to observe and learn.  Many of your posts are inappropriate or don't make any logical sense, and the result is that it's confusing and angering a lot of the other people here.  You clearly don't yet understand yet how to interact well in a community, so take some time to learn before you consider hopping back in.  In the meantime, use this time to listen to more chipmusic, learn more about various techniques and platforms, and try to observe how people here might act in a way that results in good discussion.

3) Focus on writing music.  Write more music.  Over time, write better music.  Post it here.  Post it elsewhere.  Just write more music.  You'll feel better.  You'll also naturally learn something new each time.

I'm serious man.  do all the things above.  You'll thank me later.

So lurk more, post less pretty much?

Orin wrote:

I don't come to this site often, only when i need help or am having a pm conversation as i am now, ok, let me just get to the point, i don't know how the people at this site are, as in attitude wise.

Maybe it's not him, maybe it's the site. He posted the same topic in 3 other chip based websites, and didn't get scolded.

And please remember that this thing was in the beta testing, he was asking for things to add or to fix, he wasn't presenting an finished project.

"Please, please stop doing any more of your little projects with the expectation that it's of any value to the chipmusic community."

The only opportunities you'll ever get are the ones you make your self.

First of all, out of curiosity, where else did he post it? I don't remember seeing it on ucollective, and that's the only other chip site that I browse.

Secondly, I think bryface is asking him to stop doing little projects because they aren't beneficial. No offense to bit wish, but you know that dude who's younger than everyone else, who nobody actually likes that much, but no one has the heart to tell to fuck off, well that's kinda how I see bit wish. Another good example is that guy who always gets way too excited about new things he hears about, and almost obsesses about them, I have a friend who does this kinda thing a lot. I lent him exit through the giftshop, and within a week, he ordered at least 2 banksy t-shirts, started tagging, and made a facebook page about borf. Another example is video game based, for anyone who's ever played mafia 2, you know the kid who Joe brings with him, but ends up getting

› Show Spoiler

but yeah, him, he's the kinda guy bit wish is to "the community" Although, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the guy, nor do I think of myself as being particularly part of the community or whatever, I'm just pointing out that the guy has kinda built a negative reputation for himself.

Last edited by Alpine (May 29, 2013 3:02 pm)

Louisville Ky
Alpine wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

it's sort of hard to take constructive criticism when it's delivered with this much scorn.

People are harsh/ dicks, it happens. Don't just not listen to what they say because the offended you, if anything, those who have the balls to say what they think, are going to be better at giving you CC than those who only say it's plus points, while avoiding the negative side of things

bryface wrote:

and Bit Wish, just so that you don't just write off Saskrotch's remark as some kind of douchebag comment, i'm telling you right now that he and most everyone in this thread is 100% correct.  I read your "article" and it was so haphazardly put together that i couldn't bother taking it seriously enough to analyze it in any detail.  And i'd like to think i'm a pretty tolerant guy when it comes to this stuff.

Okay BW, read this next bit carefully.  I have some suggestions for you that WILL absolutely make your life better, for yourself, and for the rest of us.  I'm saying DO THESE THINGS RIGHT NOW and immediately your experience will improve dramatically.

1) Please, please stop doing any more of your little projects with the expectation that it's of any value to the chipmusic community.  The article was a waste of our time, and even your time -- not because you wrote it, but because from the content of the article you clearly didn't have enough experience or knowledge to contribute anything substantial to the community.   That's where you are right now, but that can change over time.  Therefore....

2) ... Please be quiet for a while, don't post in any topics, and use the next few months to observe and learn.  Many of your posts are inappropriate or don't make any logical sense, and the result is that it's confusing and angering a lot of the other people here.  You clearly don't yet understand yet how to interact well in a community, so take some time to learn before you consider hopping back in.  In the meantime, use this time to listen to more chipmusic, learn more about various techniques and platforms, and try to observe how people here might act in a way that results in good discussion.

3) Focus on writing music.  Write more music.  Over time, write better music.  Post it here.  Post it elsewhere.  Just write more music.  You'll feel better.  You'll also naturally learn something new each time.

I'm serious man.  do all the things above.  You'll thank me later.

So lurk more, post less pretty much?

Orin wrote:

I don't come to this site often, only when i need help or am having a pm conversation as i am now, ok, let me just get to the point, i don't know how the people at this site are, as in attitude wise.

Maybe it's not him, maybe it's the site. He posted the same topic in 3 other chip based websites, and didn't get scolded.

And please remember that this thing was in the beta testing, he was asking for things to add or to fix, he wasn't presenting an finished project.

"Please, please stop doing any more of your little projects with the expectation that it's of any value to the chipmusic community."

The only opportunities you'll ever get are the ones you make your self.

First of all, out of curiosity, where else did he post it? I don't remember seeing it on ucollective, and that's the only other chip site that I browse.

Secondly, I think bryface is asking him to stop doing little projects because they aren't beneficial. No offense to bit wish, but you know that dude who's younger than everyone else, who nobody actually likes that much, but no one has the heart to tell to fuck off, well that's kinda how I see bit wish. Another good example is that guy who always gets way too excited about new things he hears about, and almost obsesses about them, I have a friend who does this kinda thing a lot. I lent him exit through the giftshop, and within a week, he ordered at least 2 banksy t-shirts, started tagging, and made a facebook page about borf. Another example is video game based, for anyone who's ever played mafia 2, you know the kid who Joe brings with him, but ends up getting

› Show Spoiler

but yeah, him, he's the kinda guy bit wish is to "the community" Although, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the guy, nor do I think of myself as being particularly part of the community or whatever, I'm just pointing out that the guy has kinda built a negative reputation for himself.

So your saying he is going to get killed in a parking lot? lololol

How did he over obsessed about this instance? He asked for very specific cc (things to add and fix), then he asked people to stop being dicks. Is that too much to ask?

Last edited by Orin (May 29, 2013 3:06 pm)

UK, Leicester
Bit wish wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

this tells you all about the gear needed http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/3988/ … read-this/
about all bit wish has that it doesnt is a link to a tutorial and a link to an emulator...

Im sorry, i don't have internet at my house so the only times i get to use it are when my neighbors arnt home and at school and mcdonalds. So i got bored and wrote it.

You're digging yourself deeper man, you're backpedaling so that we don't take the article seriously, and so that it looks like it was kind of a joke, even though you were dead serious about it, before you received harsh, but honest criticism.

Orin wrote:

› Show Spoiler

I spoilered that for a reason yo, just in case anyone hasn't played the game themselves, I'd appreciate it if you edited your post and added a spoiler to it or something.

But no, of course that's not what I'm saying, I was saying that bit wish is the same kind of person as him, get's way over excited, and is a bit of an embarrassment.

New Albany Indiana

Im a stupid 15 year old who knows nothing, i have no place on the internet with angry old nerds. Ok got it. '
See ya later.

UK, Leicester
Bit wish wrote:

Im a stupid 15 year old who knows nothing, i have no place on the internet with angry old nerds. Ok got it. '
See ya later.

>Implying there are not also other people here aged 15
hint: I am

perth, WA

:[

I haven't been on these forums for very long but i feel like you are being excessively nasty, Alpine.

(btw you can't greentext here)

Last edited by atomsmasha (May 29, 2013 3:19 pm)

Tokyo, Japan

Ok, it looks like Bitwish shared an article of pretty dubious merit, wanted feedback and now doesn't want feed back and wants to be left alone? Has the thread gone full ant1 circle and is now lockable? Cause I haven't locked anything for a week and I can't get it up any more...

Gosford, Australia

lock it baby, lock it hard!

New Albany Indiana
Lazerbeat wrote:

Ok, it looks like Bitwish shared an article of pretty dubious merit, wanted feedback and now doesn't want feed back and wants to be left alone? Has the thread gone full ant1 circle and is now lockable? Cause I haven't locked anything for a week and I can't get it up any more...

Lol, yea go ahead, i just want you guys to know that im not ignoring your cc, ive actually have made improvements based off of what you guys have said, thank you very much.

Tokyo, Japan

Mercy, thread locked