The City Of Angels

Currently have a spot open for a release we been working on for well over a year now, at the very least. Turned out waay too long for this sort of thing.

Anyway, the only three prerequisites that is asked of you is the following:

1) You compose on le Amiga (why else would I be posting in this section ;p ).

2) Your style is similar to this:

http://www.myspace.com/stagediver414
http://www.myspace.com/hexadeci

So none of that lame Demoscene music bullshit or groovy-cutesy chip music, sorry. (yeah, i know chip forum blah blah blah)

We also are not looking for generic dancey euro hardcore either :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeuKa_uY0rk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LCz7plu … re=related

We want something with more substance than a huge kick/snare overpowering everything. I for one am tired of that crap. It's nice for raves/dancers, but meh, this isn't a rave.

I ask that prequisite style since the three other people involved have already defined what this release is gonna sound like, thus throwing in an odd ball would be.... well odd. ;p Otherwise I wouldn't be asking of it.

If anyone knows anyone let me know by whatever means necessary. I am open to letters written in blood or a simple email/pm. Whatever floats your kinky ass.

We've gone through 3 people who dropped out already (some of you may know them), one in fact just recently dropped out yesterday (after promising for months that they'd provide something), hence the open call.

There's already a person who's applied, but I can't say we are 100% certain on them yet.

Oh and the last prequisite:

3) You are able to provide something within the coming 2 months, doesn't have to be finished, but some sort of solid work in progress should be provided at the very least. This shows us that you are dedicated and interested in the project. No slackers or people who are already way too busy with other commitments. The other 3 guys (Stagediver, Hexadeci, CCDM) have been able to provide something within a month easily. In fact, Stagediver and Hexadeci have redone theirs so many times already, it's unbelieveable hahah. Some people take longer however, which is understandable... but we're already growing weary of promises, yet people are unable to provide for various reasons (which is justifiable in their own lollife, but you can see why the frustration).

Thanks

Last edited by Mono (Apr 7, 2010 7:34 pm)

The City Of Angels

Someone asked, so: Yes, this is a paying "job" (if you want to call it that), if that serves motivation for anyone. ;p

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

So none of that lame Demoscene music bullshit or groovy-cutesy chip music, sorry. (yeah, i know chip forum blah blah blah)
That wasn't neccesary... and makes you appear quite ignorant..

The City Of Angels

Don't tell me how to express myself.

I making a clear statement, as to not leave anything in the dark. There is a lot of Amiga based music that is democscene and cutesy chip music, hence the statement. That is not being ignorant. That is being informed. I am making it clear that is not what we want (due to the situation/scenario at hand), since we are aware of it, so gladly fuck off and quit derailing a thread.

I'm not asking for your opinion on the subject at hand.

And yes, I think most demoscene music is shit. I also don't like cutesy-chip music. Wooo a subjective opinion! Hold the presses! BREAKING NEWS!

Good lawd.

Last edited by Mono (Apr 7, 2010 9:16 am)

The City Of Angels
Mono wrote:

so gladly fuck off

That wasn't necessary, Mono.

(so that I'll beat the next person to the punch)

The City Of Angels
Mono wrote:
Mono wrote:

so gladly fuck off

That wasn't necessary, Mono.

(so that I'll beat the next person to the punch)

I'm so sorry, Mono!

Sweeeeeeden

That's a nice monologue. (Pun intended.)

England

lol.

have you hit up my brother? it aint as pumpypumpy but glitchfuck.

http://www.myspace.com/jossmanley

New York City
Mono wrote:

There is a lot of Amiga based music that is democscene and cutesy chip music, hence the statement. That is not being ignorant. That is being informed.

Yeah, you are very informed and up to the date with every Amiga demoscene tune well up to our Lord's day of 1993!
God, I could have sworn we were in 2010 and this was in an Amiga production released just this Saturday:

Maybe you consider that "happy", seeing that you want to show you have soo much angst inside you, insulting people around...

I know what you mean regarding "happy chip shit", or "groovy" demoscene music, but that is absolutely NOT necessarily Amiga demoscene music and your comment, as Sander said, makes you look ignorant and your reply, unnecessarily aggressive. It was enough to say "hard-edge, dark music, breakcore/speedcore/fuckyourgrandmacore etc.", after all, CHIPMUSIC ISN'T A GENRE.

Tone down your attitude, don't come to a forum pretending to be a bad boy insulting people. I bet you wouldn't do that IRL (you wouldn't last much smile)

Last edited by akira^8GB (Apr 7, 2010 11:57 am)

IL, US

well, guys, have you listened to stagediver or ccdm?
i know them both and itll be more on the noisecore/speedcore/gabber/breakcore end of things im thinking, which perhaps may have been a better way of saying it, Mono?
but everyone chill, im looking forward to this release, guess this explains what cc's secret project he was working on was hahahaha smile

Milwaukee, WI

Please excuse Akira, Mono...he's a little too close to it all. wink

@Akira: He would/has been confrontational IRL. Ty has told me stories about his protests/physical altercations and as far as I know you throw weight around here on this board more than anyone else. Just sayin'. There's nothing wrong with knowing what you want from a project. Demoscene elitism is the same as Gameboy fetishism. Blah, blah, blah. End of derail. Response? PM me. This thread deserves to not be derailed.

@E.S.C.: No they haven't which might explain the instant hostility toward Mono. I actually had a chance to hear Ty's tune for this and I think Mono didn't use those to describe the project because it sounded like none of it. It was fast and certainly lo-fi but almost defied the genres mentioned, for as cliche as I sound. HA! If what Ty was listening to yesterday was a rejected tune for this, then yes it was Amiga Gabber and it fucking sucked. Complete laziness.

Oh, and I know what CC's project is, and this isn't it. Unless it is. More about that soon.

Regardless, I'm really looking forward to this. Amigacore forever.

Last edited by RG (Apr 7, 2010 1:31 pm)

Unsubscribe

Is it a rule that every amiga breakcore thread must end in violence?

Milwaukee, WI

As far as I know I haven't seen any violence here.

Is it a rule that every gameboy thread must end in fake happiness/blind pacification?

On a related note: go to a stagediver show. I went to one where out of nowhere someone gave him a knife (!!!) and, as if in unison, blasts of anvil-sized kick drums were ripping the speaker cones as he started stabbing his Amiga with said knife. This of course after whipping the room into a frenzy. Pure impromptu entertainment. I'm pretty sure E.S.C. was there.

*THAT* was violent.

Last edited by RG (Apr 7, 2010 2:47 pm)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

i bet cTrix has some stuff that might be cool. I know he's done some junglesk/break styles..
perhaps he's got some harder stuff in his archives.

Mono, while i respect your opinion and you are entitled to it. you could easily have worded your strong feelings towards demoscene/"cute chip" stuff a little differently.  Your post and responses tell me you were expecting people to react to it.. thus telling me you provoked it. So what's more important... a debate over ones opinion of musical genre's or you finding someone to fill your comp album that is being put together?

Keep it clean and fun please.

Unsubscribe
RG wrote:

As far as I know I haven't seen any violence here.

Is it a rule that every gameboy thread must end in fake happiness/blind pacification?

Yea, its in subsection 26a of the CHIPTARDS GUIDE TO FORUMS.

"Guys who post in an aggressive manner with fake bravado and nietzschian superbravery tend to piss off people on forums who may be unfamiliar with their verbal style, or aren't used to pseudo tough-guy imagery

Conversely, people like fake friendly people on a more consistent basis than fake angry people, if only so they don't have to think as often about the yawning bleakness that is everyone collective insecurity".

And who the fuck was talking about Game Boy Threads?

I went to one where out of nowhere someone gave him a knife (!!!) and, as if in unison, blasts of anvil-sized kick drums were ripping the speaker cones as he started stabbing his Amiga with said knife.

One time I went to see Thrill Kill Kult and the room was pretty empty on a rainy chicago night. The lead singer started preaching about satan and the bible, and then he dramatically pulled out some hotel bible from beneah his death moomoo and threw it on the the empty pit floor. There was a moment of uncomfortable silence before I put down my drink, gave an exaggerated sigh, and walked over the the bible and ripped it in half,when it was then ripped out of my hands by some preteen goths, and they started their next song.

Alien Sex Fiend were excellent however.

Last edited by herr_prof (Apr 7, 2010 3:10 pm)

Milwaukee, WI
herr_prof wrote:

And who the fuck was talking about Game Boy Threads?

herr_prof wrote:

Is it a rule that every amiga breakcore thread must end in violence?

And who was talking about violence before you mentioned it?

herr_prof wrote:

Conversely, people like fake friendly people on a more consistent basis than fake angry people, if only so they don't have to think as often about the yawning bleakness that is everyone collective insecurity".

Sander von Focus wrote:

That wasn't neccesary... and makes you appear quite ignorant..

@Mono: You won't find what you are looking for here. Just a few who would rather focus on being butthurt, verbalizing it, and going on to make snarky comments on a message board thread not meant for them in the first place. I'd imagine it's best to focus on the cool idea behind the original post instead of taking issue with words. Jellica certainly didn't have an issue with it.

@The Butthurt: Move on there's nothing to see here.

/end_derail_a_second_time

The main question is this: Why the hell were you at a Thrill Kill Kult show? That's no one's fault but your own, buddy.