ad-hell-aide
Analog wrote:

@little-scale: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._Murray_Schafer     , i have read some books of this guy, on education and stuff. Really interesting aproach. anyone can love it or hate it smile

so have i. you didn't get my humour.

Athens, Greece

The Zombies

also

The Who

Bristol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5cWWV0KNDg

All you ever needed to know really...

Brazil

I like ovenrake

New York, New York

ambientgabberintellibluessludgegarage

Los Angeles

I used to write hardcore on Amiga, when I was 14, full of hate, and it was 1993. so over it.

Now I'm old and have chronic back pain and walk with a cane. My favorite music is the kind that makes you god damn kids stay off my lawn.

Columbus, OH

I like dat jazz.

Coltrane, Paul Bley, newer stuff like Fred Hersch and The Bad Plus and Polar Bear and Acoustic Ladyland.

Opeth, Gojira, Baroness.

DOOM, Biggie, Tupac, KRS-1, Dead Prez

The Doors

Bands like Attack Attack and companies like Clear Channel are killing music.

MUSIC SPAM GO!

MUSIC SPAM END!

EDIT:
This too: http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/5362

Last edited by arlen (Apr 8, 2010 8:22 pm)

AANABAY01

i clicked play on them all at the same time
it sounded like a bunch of guys ruining bomberman music

Baie-St-Paul

oh wait i thought you were actually talking about the band mono haha

San Francisco

"Isn't Anything" is the better my bloody valentine record fyi.

its much more raw and has more variation, though loveless is still pretty good.
the older albums are ok in their own rights but it isnt the MBV that you typically think of.
if you ever stumble across the live recordings from some of the old shows that they played you know that you missed out.
the peel session recordings were pretty good as well and give you a better idea of their live sound. many of the bootleg recordins are hard to listen to because the band was just so damn noisy.

yes sample based hip hop was better then the synth based crap of today.

grunge is dead and should be left that way.

"punk bands" such as AFI and Thrice can suck my dick. they dont exist to me.

old pin back is better then new pin back.

teenage bad girl is better then the bloody beetroots but i would rather listen to the beetroots a party. i would listen to TBG more on my own time.

i appreciate john cage.

Gray was way before its time.

Guided By Voices was the shit.

Interpol is waaaaaay over rated. so are the smiths.

elliot smith was a pimp.

big was better then tupac.

johnny greenwood is the only real talent in radiohead. his solo stuff is great.

Joy Division over rated.

gary numan is good and his bands before the solo act was great. newer albums suck ass.

Justice is pretty impressive when you first hear them but you get over it fast.

Justin Timberlake is lame.

i love Kavinsky and i dont know why.

Khonnor makes me hard...

led zeppelin was amazing. on of the best bands ever in my opinion.

stones lame
styx lame
aero smith really lame
guns and roses sux
sexpistols sux even more.

the who the kinks the zombies are classics

the clash is ten million times better then the ramones

yes in the 70's was amazing.

bach and vavaldi are amazing.

the mars volta were awesome live

the blood brothers and the mall need to come back.

Mice Parade is wonderful.

Mickey Avalon is not.

The Microphones are amazing.

i like dave brubeck.

yo yo ma is the shit.

everyone needs to listen to aurther russel.

iceland has some great bands..... i dont know why.

Múm was great until the girl left. slowblow was decent and the when she teams up with avey tare the music.... isnt that good.

animal collective is great especially the really raw stuff.

panda bear is great and was great before the second release.

N.E.R.D. had pharel.... that is just pimp as shit. they are great live.

Nico sucked and the velvet underground was great but the songs with Nico sucked.

Nine Inch Nails... it was ok.

perfect circle was the only other music group that utilized james iha's true potential other then the smashing pumpkins.

Nouvelle Vague is worth a listen.

RIP Nujabes. you were a true inspiration.

Odawas nedd more of

the books..... man... pimp shit.

The One AM Radio... where are you?

Passion Pit... just getting into.
The Police... gross.
Portishead... need more.
Rachel's... gorgeous.
Raymond Scott was a pimp.

Riz Ortolani... unsung hero.

Seu Jorge =  brilliant.

Vincent Gallo actually was pretty decent.

Yo La Tengo.... best band i have ever seen live.

thats all for now... maybe more later.

Last edited by wedanced (Nov 18, 2021 12:40 am)

Anaheim, California

Some of my favorites:

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

Owl City

I been obsessed with this guy for a while now. Everytime I listen to him it make me wanna run home, boot my life savings up and write 'til my arms drop off. He has the only album in my library that every track has 5 stars. The live performances are a bit of a lol but in terms of songwriting and production it blows me away.

What you guys think about it?

Everyone whines about the lyrics. He's an awesome lyricist. He just uses fuck loads of metaphors. That song is about a camping trip where he reflects on the stars in the sky and the nature around him. "I get a thousand hugs, from ten thousand lighting bugs, as they try to teach me how to dance". He's explaining how the fireflies move and how they are attracted to him/stick to him.

I like quite like the vocal effects. A subtle auto-tune. I think the fact that auto-tune has been murdered by overuse doesn't help it. At least he doesn't use auto-tune live though :]

Whiney emo crap is all the depressive bullshit about how shit the writers life is and how emotional they are. Owl City grabs that ideas and says "FUCK YOU! I'm gonna write songs that make people happy!"

I get the whole vocals thing, I like them but I see why people don't.

Emotional lyrics are overrated :]

On a side note: I don't think this guy would get half as much hate if he wasn't popular. People are afraid of pop music.

I don't dought that people like Metro Station or Kei$ha get just as much hate despite the fact that they're amazing songwriters and musically talented enough get number ones.

Isn't pop music tailored to not be boring.

EITHER WAY.

I like pop music :] I like underground music :] I like old music, new music, weird music. In fact I'm yet to find a style of music I don't like. I manage to see what others see in every genre I've ever heard. When I listen to pop music I listen to it because it's catchy stays in your head and on the rare occasion the songwriting or production will just inspire me, this is because it's been through such a rigorous weeding-out process that record labels perform that it simply has to amaze.

I'm pretty damn sure I'm not not a thoughtless drone and i seem to find something in it.
That's something I always hated about any underground music scene. People are naive and elitist, they revel in being underground and love the fact that few people share there passion. This gives them a very discriminative look at anything popular. I'm pretty sure if Henry Homesweet or Sabrepulse hit the charts tomorrow, they would be labeled as sellouts and there popularity here would instantly drop. The majority of musicians make music to be popular, they want as many people to like and enjoy it as possible. You shouldn't hate them if they succeed.

I realize I'm making a pretty harsh statement and most of you have said how yo

Oh forget it...

Wolverhampton UK

Its pretty musical.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGzrL8J0t-c

i'm sorry

American Football > Captain Jazz > Anything else the Kinsellas ever did
The Appleseed Cast > Mineral > Sunny Day Real Estate > Braid
The best show of all time that I've seen was Agalloch/Red Sparowes/Russian Circles/Grayceon.
Mayhem was a close second.

Crowded House puts on a damn good live show too.