Newcastle, UK
wedanced wrote:

"Isn't Anything" is the better my bloody valentine record fyi.

the mars volta were awesome live

the blood brothers need to come back.

Firstly, THEMS FIGHTING WORDS THEM. Although I do probably love the Tremelo and You Made Me Realise EPs more than Loveless.

I agree, Volta live was amazing, second best gig after Blood Brothers.

The Blood Brothers will never come back, which is a shame, I've got everything they ever recorded and while the new projects are good, they just dont do it as much for me.

Brazil
wedanced wrote:

Interpol is waaaaaay over rated. so are the smiths.

Joy Division over rated.

gary numan is good and his bands before the solo act was great. newer albums suck ass.

Nico sucked and the velvet underground was great but the songs with Nico sucked.

Nine Inch Nails... it was ok.

Seu Jorge =  brilliant.

yikes

Seu Jorge is pure shit, dude. His renditions of Bowie songs is SHIT SHIT SHIT. Translate his versions, see how rebel rebel became awful.
Sorry, I lost my love for you, We danced. I agree on Gary Numan, tough. And Interpol is just kinda overrated. Who cares about them now?

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (Apr 9, 2010 4:15 pm)

brooklyn!
tehforsterer wrote:
wedanced wrote:

the blood brothers need to come back.

The Blood Brothers will never come back, which is a shame, I've got everything they ever recorded and while the new projects are good, they just dont do it as much for me.

nah fuck that. they used to be truly amazing, then slowly started losing it. if they came back now, it would just be more bullshit. to make matters worse, they're so incestuous in forming these new projects that they all end up sucking too.
hey ex-blood brothers, start new bands with dudes that WEREN'T in the blood brothers, because past lives sucks, neon blonde sucks, jaguar love sucks. head wound city ruled, but that was also augmented by justin pearson and gabe serbian.

wedanced, i could talk about everything you said for days, but i decided to leave it here.

Unsubscribe

blood brothers = shitty musical theater hair metal derivative product of a hate fuck between brainiac and the refused.

IVE SAID IT.

Last edited by herr_prof (Apr 9, 2010 7:07 pm)

brooklyn!
herr_prof wrote:

blood brothers = shitty musical theater hair metal derivative product of a hate fuck between brainiac and the refused.

IVE SAID IT.

whoa whoa, i would NEVER put blood brothers and brainiac on the same page. maybe just because of similar wacky-ass falsetto vocals, but beyond that totally separate. they seriously peaked with burn, piano island burn, then fell the fuck off. no one can make me not love that record.

as for brainiac, also fucking inspiring. every release was solid, last ep was so very promising, and then....fuck. rip tim taylor.

São Paulo, Brazil
wedanced wrote:

Seu Jorge =  brilliant.

Seu Jorge is brazilian (bad) music for exportation. Nobody here with half a brain takes him seriously.

San Francisco
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:
wedanced wrote:

Seu Jorge =  brilliant.

yikes

Seu Jorge is pure shit, dude. His renditions of Bowie songs is SHIT SHIT SHIT. Translate his versions, see how rebel rebel became awful.
Sorry, I lost my love for you, We danced. I agree on Gary Numan, tough. And Interpol is just kinda overrated. Who cares about them now?

let me clarify. i only speak english so i can only say that i enjoy the guitar of the songs. so you are probably right. i just kinda like that style of guitar playing really. please dont leave me i will be lonely...

Mike Patton.

Last edited by Andrew Winzenburg (Apr 10, 2010 5:45 am)

uhajdafdfdfa

I like Andrew Winzenburg's music.

Godzilladelph

owl city fucking suuuuuuuuuucks
don't give me al that "oh he's such a good lyricist he uses metaphors" bs
the wutang clan used metaphors waaay better than that whiny bitch and they grew up in the projects. btw, what ever happened to good poets like kurt cobain, the kinda song writers that actually made you think instead of just numbing your brain while you listened to over produced vanilla synth lines.
tldr; i got cranky working the night shift

San Francisco

Xinlisupreme's stuff is worth a listen

SKGB wrote:

owl city fucking suuuuuuuuuucks
don't give me al that "oh he's such a good lyricist he uses metaphors" bs
the wutang clan used metaphors waaay better than that whiny bitch and they grew up in the projects. btw, what ever happened to good poets like kurt cobain, the kinda song writers that actually made you think instead of just numbing your brain while you listened to over produced vanilla synth lines.
tldr; i got cranky working the night shift

Check out his instrumental band from when he was in high school, Windsor Airlift. It's quite beautiful. I respect him, but his Owl City music really sucks.

San Antonio, Texas
likeluke wrote:

music is okay i guess.

New York, NY
likeluke wrote:

rip tim taylor.

lolusa

Grouper

ovenrake wrote:

Grouper

Eluvium