Germany

on alibaba you can buy those fake gba games for like 3$ each, being obviously fake.
are those cartridges reprogrammable?
if yes, on could get a gba usb programmer and put stuff like lsdj etc on it, right?

SLC, UT

Almost certainly no. Even if you could, they're made very spotty. Saves erase all the time.

That site is insane though. I mean you can get a gba supercard sd for like $20!?!?!? What??? Is this real?

Germany

haha yeah, but you better shop at good rated sellers. i want to get a supercard from there too big_smile

UK, Leicester
stargazer wrote:

Almost certainly no. Even if you could, they're made very spotty. Saves erase all the time.

That site is insane though. I mean you can get a gba supercard sd for like $20!?!?!? What??? Is this real?

Saves on the bootleg carts that I've had only  get erased in [insert DS model that can play gba games here] or, if you have a pokemon hack (e.g. quartz) the save gets wiped if you try and import your pokemon into pokemon colosseum.

Germany

but arent there some gameboy multicarts etc who can also be rewritten? why shouldnt it be the case for gba?
if possible someone like kitsch could do this and sell things like shitwave on gba carts for very low prices big_smile

Germany

i just contacted a supplier from alibaba, and they say they can put other roms on the carts, for $3 per cartridge big_smile
kitsch, stock those maybe? tongue
i think i will try to order 5 carts with different programs on them (or all the same, dunno) to test it. 5 pieces is the smallest moq i could find.

do you think it would be morally ok to get lsdj via goomba on them if you own lsdj?

UK, Leicester
Bamboori wrote:

i just contacted a supplier from alibaba, and they say they can put other roms on the carts, for $3 per cartridge big_smile
kitsch, stock those maybe? tongue
i think i will try to order 5 carts with different programs on them (or all the same, dunno) to test it. 5 pieces is the smallest moq i could find.

do you think it would be morally ok to get lsdj via goomba on them if you own lsdj?

Moral? Yeah, you payed for LSDJ. The only problem you might have is that you're sending the rom to another person, meaning that you could basically give them a free copy of LSDJ. Although it's unlikely that they'll do anything with it, they could start selling LSDJ gba carts.

Also, could you post a link to the one who's offering to put other roms on? I might get a small batch of gba carts with the Mother 3 translation on it.

Germany

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/210404
they didnt reply to my question about the maximal rom size or the available colors yet though.
and they cant make custom labels, so youll have to make your own (maybe they can make white ones? i asked them that too).

also, i think ill rather send them a free music program for gb or gba, that shouldnt be a problem.

Last edited by Bamboori (Jun 26, 2013 3:09 pm)

Grouporder shitwave and nanovoice big_smile

Germany

hehe big_smile or kitsch stocks them.
if we make group orders, we should make order teams depending on the area to save after arrival shipping.

personally i will order some carts with all kinds of different trackers/synths etc for myself and a supercard for fun tongue

SLC, UT

It would be possible to make a multirom with these on it, depending on the size. Pokemon is what, 16mb?

Very very interested in mother 3 repros.

even if you put LSDJ on a gba cart it would still sound like shit. I tried it with my EZ flash IV cart and it sounded awful.

Germany

well there are other programs which sound good enough on gba or are exclusively for gba anyways wink
also there would be the moral issue of sending a chinese company lsdj.

Bamboori wrote:

well there are other programs which sound good enough on gba or are exclusively for gba anyways wink
also there would be the moral issue of sending a chinese company lsdj.

yeah cuz they can't by the rom themselves for 5 bucks and mass produce it or anything....

UK, Leicester
stargazer wrote:

It would be possible to make a multirom with these on it, depending on the size. Pokemon is what, 16mb?

Very very interested in mother 3 repros.

If btches of 5 are the smallest you can get, then I'm going to get a batch of 5 with the mother 3 translation on, I'm also going to get another batch with the mother 1+2 rom translation on.

Germany

they responded now. they have black, red, green and blue.
about the size though... they gave me information about the physical size big_smile
ill ask them again about it.