Brighton/Southampton
wailord wrote:

i think only a .sho file is allowed this time so you would have to use a mario paint file and not xmsnes to make a .spc

sho. is required for the SNES Mario Paint category, but for the SNES/Super Famicom category you can submit .spc

@Alpine: Yes; we've had quite a few entries like that in previous compos

UK, Leicester

Awesome! I may enter this then.

canada

ahh i did not even notice that whoops

Brunswick, GA USA

Whomever asked about Wildcard, basically anything that blips will do, so I've used it as an excuse to play guitar and use voices, others have played Yamaha tablehonker solos; anything that sounds "chip" enough to not get downvoted and fits the mp3 size limit is ok.

Happy to hear so much interest, looking forward to hearing all of you.

Last edited by chunter (Jun 27, 2013 7:52 pm)

I am unfamiliar with a few of the categories. Simply out of curiosity could someone define all of them for me?

Venezuela

botb sux

barf
Xetryz wrote:

I am unfamiliar with a few of the categories. Simply out of curiosity could someone define all of them for me?

yep! there's a bunch of tools you can use to make each category

• adlib can be made with a number of (usually DOS) tools, faust music creator, adlib tracker ii, reality adlib tracker are but a few

• ay-3-8910/ym2149's main tracker is vortex tracker ii

• pc engine/turbografx can be made with either huSIC or deflemask

• mario paint's an extremely easy one, made so by the lovely 'mariopants'!

• midi has many, anvil studio/rosegarden/sheet music notation programs/anything that can export a midi will do

• 24k tracker module's easiest ones (i think) are openmpt and milkytracker; the stipulation here is the end file has to be below 24 kilobytes

• nes/famicom with expansions can be made with famitracker, you can use any expansion here (including pure 2a03 itself)

• atari pokey x2 can be made with raster music tracker, has to be set to stereo hack to use the two pokeys

• sega genesis/megadrive can be made with either tfm/vgm music maker or deflemask

• snes/super famicom is made in openmpt/milkytracker/etc and then converted with either XMSNES or SNESMOD (depending on whether it's .xm or .it), there's a few stipulations such as it being 8 channels or less and certain sample constraints; let us know if you're having trouble with this one!

wildchip is of course anything at all (granted it's blippy)~ you can use this as an allgear format, but you can also impose your own constraints and submit any format not on the list (gameboy, sid, sms, 2x gameboy etc.)

ui wrote:

botb sux

FOKKER......

Last edited by kfaraday (Jun 28, 2013 3:53 pm)

England

eugh so much killer from strobe

Gosford, Australia
kfaraday wrote:

[*]midi has many, anvil studio/rosegarden/sheet music notation programs/etc will do[/*]

i make ridiculous midi files in fl studio, the last one i made actually plays back properly with the default microsoft synthesizer so i was considering trying to recreate the feat. basically what i'm asking is, does it actually matter what the midi files are made with as long as it fits within GM specifications?

barf

only specification is that you write in GM and submit in .midi or .mid format :] any program is fine!

Last edited by kfaraday (Jun 28, 2013 3:52 pm)

Gosford, Australia

thanks! smile

kfaraday wrote:

yep! there's a bunch of tools you can use to make each category

adlib can be made with a number of (usually DOS) tools, faust music creator, adlib tracker ii, reality adlib tracker are but a few

ay-3-8910/ym2149's main tracker is vortex tracker ii

pc engine/turbografx can be made with either huSIC or deflemask

mario paint's an extremely easy one, made so by the lovely 'mariopants'!

midi has many, anvil studio/rosegarden/sheet music notation programs/anything that can export a midi will do

24k tracker module's easiest ones (i think) are openmpt and milkytracker; the stipulation here is the end file has to be below 24 kilobytes

nes/famicom with expansions can be made with famitracker, you can use any expansion here (including pure 2a03 itself)

atari pokey x2 can be made with raster music tracker, has to be set to stereo hack to use the two pokeys

sega genesis/megadrive can be made with either tfm/vgm music maker or deflemask

snes/super famicom is made in openmpt/milkytracker/etc and then converted with either XMSNES or SNESMOD (depending on whether it's .xm or .it), there's a few stipulations such as it being 8 channels or less and certain sample constraints; let us know if you're having trouble with this one!

wildchip is of course anything at all (granted it's blippy)~ you can use this as an allgear format, but you can also impose your own constraints and submit any format not on the list (gameboy, sid, sms, 2x gameboy etc.)

Thanks! Now I see I was about to enter into the wrong category XD. Or rather, miss an opportunity to enter into a more exclusive category that my music fit better into.

Last edited by Xetryz (Jun 28, 2013 4:42 pm)

barf

i'm looking forward to hearing your entry! :D

Last edited by kfaraday (Jun 28, 2013 5:17 pm)

Youngstown, OH

What would SunVox be considered?

canada

wildchip

Clermont-Ferrand, France
Jellica wrote:

eugh so much killer from strobe

You said it.

I submitted, only I can't understand a **** thing about the player. Very noobish I know.