NC in the US of America
sleepytimejesse wrote:

What would SunVox be considered?

For this battle you'd have to enter it under the WIld_Chip category. The previous major (spring tracks II) had a sunvox category. Basically anything that isn't one of the listed formats for this Summer Chip III goes under the Wild_Chip category.

Youngstown, OH

Ah missed it by a year. Oh well. Maybe I'll do .nsf. Thanks.

NC in the US of America

Yeah. You could still sunvox and mp3 it, unless you are saving that wildchip category for something else. I'm hoping I'll be able to do an entry for each of the 12 categories big_smile

California, United States
PleaseLoseBattle wrote:

I submitted, only I can't understand a **** thing about the player. Very noobish I know.

What do you need to know?

barf
PleaseLoseBattle wrote:
Jellica wrote:

eugh so much killer from strobe

You said it.

I submitted, only I can't understand a **** thing about the player. Very noobish I know.

you can present a render of your track by converting it into an mp3 and then clicking "up mp3" on your song page :)

sleepytimejesse wrote:

Ah missed it by a year. Oh well. Maybe I'll do .nsf. Thanks.

you're still perfectly free to enter a sunvox track under wildchip! a lot of people are using that for sid and 8k and various other things, so it's not really judged as an allgear format :p

Clermont-Ferrand, France
kfaraday wrote:

you can present a render of your track by converting it into an mp3 and then clicking "up mp3" on your song page smile

Omg, I've been loooking for some flash player for NSF with a code to put in the description of the track, spent an hour on that, then gave up. Haha thanks smile
I'll upload it.

NC in the US of America

I guess I'm a bit late, but... aside from uploading an mp3 render (you should definitely do that at some point), I wouldn't worry too much about trying to find ways for listeners/voters to check out your entries. Any botbrs worth his/her salt will be perfectly fine to just download the recommended player for each format wink. At the most, you could link to or suggest a player in the description or as a comment. VLC actually can play NSF and some other vgm formats. There's also DELIPlayer which plays virtually everything, (I think. You should probably disable any audio enhancements when listening critically). The lyceum should be up soon so you'll be able to find out more info on the available formats.

On a related note, any plans for a sync-listen live stream? The last one was so much fun! big_smile

SketchMan3 wrote:

On a related note, any plans for a sync-listen live stream? The last one was so much fun! big_smile

Perhaps....

wink

There might be something in the works!

barf

there certainly will be a synclisten! starting 27th July, 23:30 BST (GMT+1)

i'll announce that one more publicly closer to the time, haha

Last edited by kfaraday (Jun 29, 2013 3:48 pm)

Hey guys, 24 days to submit! Keep them coming!! smile)

Also mark your calenders for the synclisten, it's always a blast!

So I submitted an art piece and was about to submit my song and realized I had on accidentally used my gamer alias instead of my musician alias XD is there something against making another account and resubmitting your stuff?

NC in the US of America

Xetryz, you can make another account but I don't think you can resubmit an already submitted song. Sorry.

I haven't already submitted the song thankfully, just the piece of art.

Sorry for all the questions, but I am having problems submitting. I have tried reloading the page re-exporting the song, the works. I got nothing, I just get this error from BOTB claiming that no file was received.

NC in the US of America

These questions can be more easily solved if you come to the irc (there is a "Chat' link to a java plugin that will let you into the irc via browser if you don't have a client.)

I say this because I can't answer your question, but there is tech support in the chat smile

Edit: also, botb has a forums, too smile

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jul 7, 2013 7:36 am)

barf
Xetryz wrote:

Sorry for all the questions, but I am having problems submitting. I have tried reloading the page re-exporting the song, the works. I got nothing, I just get this error from BOTB claiming that no file was received.

this is a problem that happens when the file upload is under, but very close to 7.5MB; i think it's to do with the browser timing out

i recommend re-exporting your song at a lower bitrate MP3 (V0 or V2 if possible) and uploading that, which should go through; you can then always provide a link to a higher-bitrate render in the comments smile