Unknown

I was just curious, lounging on my bed, with my socks on only, jk but no really I am curious, is chiptune becoming more popular? Even though it's been around for ages. I just wonder if a lot of new accounts on here are new artists, or returners with different names. If chiptune is getting more popular, does that mean eventually they'll sell chip like instruments at guitar center? yikes oh no

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

Nope.

Taichung, Taiwan

I first learned about chiptune music back in 2011. I've been modifying gameboys and accessories since then and have just now started to focus more on composing than modding.

Madriz, Supain

what is this, a time travel post from 2004?

Detroit

no its just now that all the babbies have internet access and vba

babylon

i dont have any concrete evidence, but it appears the amount of people that get into chip rises every year while the amount of those people that actually stay interested in it declines. but were on animal crossing and jimmy fallon now so shit should blow up here pretty soon.

ohio gozaimasu

Four

There's this guy: http://pixeltune.bandcamp.com/album/glitch

California, United States

Hey I'm like 9 months new, does that count?

Montreal, Canada

In Montreal they sell chips everywhere. Many flavours are available. In fact more chips are sold than guitars.

SLC, UT

Well time for another new username.

Joliette, QC, Canada
n00bstar wrote:

In Montreal they sell chips everywhere. Many flavours are available. In fact more chips are sold than guitars.

I'm totally into Ketchiptune ! Lays my tracks like a greasy bag basstard...so Crunchy !

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

no, we'll just get guitars with anamanaguchi face decals.

or like the newer rise in synths that try and market with the idea of "retro sounds".

Montreal, Canada
XyNo wrote:
n00bstar wrote:

I'm totally into Ketchiptune ! Lays my tracks like a greasy bag basstard...so Crunchy !

OQLF MAN. Croustilletoune.

California, USA

I'm new. Hehehe.

Finland
Dark Oyster wrote:

I'm new. Hehehe.

Me too... :3

I forget how long it's been but my soundcloud says it's about 2 months ago since I released my first chiptune. So I guess like 2-3 months since I officially started with LSDJ.