Boise, ID

hmm welp I'm gonna go have me some tater plates now

barf

hey chillthread big_smile

UK, Leicester

cornwall is pretty, but a little dull

barf

aww

hey i'm at a friend's house today~ it's really sunny and the house is lovely, it's a welcome change from mine

canada

stare into fan get cool smile

Gosford, Australia

i came 23rd out of 24 at the midnight prerelease for magic 2014 sad

washington

i'm looking at gp2x consoles on ebay because i want to get into lgpt.

i may even make some tater plates wink

edit: i've never made them before. but they turned out okay, they just look like a cow bathroom.

Last edited by basspuddle (Jul 15, 2013 8:43 pm)

Gosford, Australia

sprinkle your favourite herbs and spices on before you chuck your tater plates in the oven. fancy tater plates are the best!

washington

you're supposed to put them in the oven?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Gosford, Australia

yeah don't microwave them ewwwwwww

NC in the US of America

If youre talking about the ones that come as frozen patties, i like to pop them in the toaster a few times. Faster than oven, buut still  nice and crispy.

UK, Leicester
basspuddle wrote:

i'm looking at gp2x consoles on ebay because i want to get into lgpt.

i may even make some tater plates wink

edit: i've never made them before. but they turned out okay, they just look like a cow bathroom.

get a psp

run piggy on your computer to see if you like it first, it's not for everybody

washington
Alpine wrote:

get a psp

run piggy on your computer to see if you like it first, it's not for everybody

but PSPs don't have the option for midi, that's why the gp2x got my attention

i like it but it doesn't really flow that well for me on a desktop. (exactly what happened for me with lsdj on an emulator before i got it on an ems cart) maybe what i need to do is get it on a handheld and see how it goes from there. just borrow someone's psp or something.

edit: for the tater plates, i pan-fried them. i knew better than to put them in the microwave, but i didn't know that the oven was better than on the range haha

Last edited by basspuddle (Jul 16, 2013 10:17 pm)

i kno i mentioned this on another thread, but i only use lgpt on my pc and i love it, for the simple fact that all the resources i need to complete a track (recording, samples, etc.) are right in the same spot as lgpt. i hate having to go back and forth between a console and my pc. just take a day to get used to the controls, not worrying about making music necessarily at first.. it gets mad easy after a while.. the pc controls are conveniently placed to where you don't even have to move your hands, only fingers. let me know if you need any help basspuddle. i can share some of my amateur techniques with you if you want wink

i think people (i don't necessarily mean you alpine) seem to equate running lgpt on a handheld to running lsdj on a dmg.. like it is more "scene legit" or whatever.. but it's not the case. lgpt is a tracker, which is compatible with some handhelds. lsdj is a gameboy program, which can be run on a pc with an emulator.. it is different. i can see how a handheld would be fun for live performance, traveling, etc.. but i can't think of a very good reason, aside from catering to certain midi configurations, to go handheld at home with lgpt. of course, this is all subject to personal preference wink

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Jul 17, 2013 5:49 am)

washington

^i kind of forgot about the pc for a moment! gp2x consoles are hard to find/more expensive than PSPs, but if you have a usb-midi interface, you can do the same midi stuff on a pc. (which didn't even cross my mind until now)

i've tried hard to keep the 'hardware only' approach, but tbh i don't even know why.

Last edited by basspuddle (Jul 17, 2013 5:05 am)

pc is just as much hardware as a psp wink in this situation at least.. you know what i mean. lgpt isn't running on an emulator on a pc- it is a normal tracker program.

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Jul 17, 2013 5:16 am)