washington

right. i downloaded lgpt for windows, and it's actually pretty cool once i got a nice base of samples. and yeah, once you get the keys down it's just like writing in lsdj (for me, at least)

once i got past the whole 'everything is a sample' thing, it's pretty easy to make some nice jams.

hmu if u ever need samples my man

NC in the US of America

lgpt is literally just a regular old sample tracker that just happens to have been built for the game park device because the author thought it could use a nice sample tracker. Nothing special about the game park device versus any other device. It's not like it's an Amiga or something. :3

Somebody should port LGPT to Ouya big_smile

word, exactly

washington

there is some thunder outside my house right now, but it's not raining

thought y'all should know

UK, Leicester
basspuddle wrote:

but PSPs don't have the option for midi, that's why the gp2x got my attention

i like it but it doesn't really flow that well for me on a desktop. (exactly what happened for me with lsdj on an emulator before i got it on an ems cart) maybe what i need to do is get it on a handheld and see how it goes from there. just borrow someone's psp or something.

edit: for the tater plates, i pan-fried them. i knew better than to put them in the microwave, but i didn't know that the oven was better than on the range haha

Ah right, I have no need of midi capabilities yet, so it hasn't been a problem for me. I do get that as well, I much preffer to use it on a psp than pc, I find it easier to work with.

defPREMIUM wrote:

i kno i mentioned this on another thread, but i only use lgpt on my pc and i love it, for the simple fact that all the resources i need to complete a track (recording, samples, etc.) are right in the same spot as lgpt. i hate having to go back and forth between a console and my pc. just take a day to get used to the controls, not worrying about making music necessarily at first.. it gets mad easy after a while.. the pc controls are conveniently placed to where you don't even have to move your hands, only fingers. let me know if you need any help basspuddle. i can share some of my amateur techniques with you if you want wink

i think people (i don't necessarily mean you alpine) seem to equate running lgpt on a handheld to running lsdj on a dmg.. like it is more "scene legit" or whatever.. but it's not the case. lgpt is a tracker, which is compatible with some handhelds. lsdj is a gameboy program, which can be run on a pc with an emulator.. it is different. i can see how a handheld would be fun for live performance, traveling, etc.. but i can't think of a very good reason, aside from catering to certain midi configurations, to go handheld at home with lgpt. of course, this is all subject to personal preference wink

I'm not a massive fan of the control layout on pc, it feels a little odd to me, but then again, I'm more of console person than a pc person (but I primarily use FL Studio and Famitracker, so I guess I'm just picky) As for the second part, I just run piggy on my psp because I think the size of the workspace coralates well to the size of the psp's screen, as do the controls to the amount of buttons.
I do see your point, having to swap between pc and psp to do stuff with samples, but I just installed a file browser, and dumped a load of samples on my psp, so that I can make tracks on the go, without a pc. I like to make tracks when I'm away from the computer, weather I'm in the back of a car, on a long drive somewhere, or I'm just downstairs, and I can't be arsed to walk upstairs and turn my pc on.

also cornwall is still pretty, and still a little boring

Brunswick, GA USA

I was using a DS for some time, DS-10, Nitrotracker, Electroplankton, and NTRQ in an emulator, and though it was nice to be able to take down ideas wherever I was, the quality of the songs reached a ceiling. My netbook is only a little bigger than the DS and can do the same things much better.

The newer Titan songs are not as good.

Last edited by chunter (Jul 17, 2013 1:39 pm)

UK, Leicester
chunter wrote:

I was using a DS for some time, DS-10, Nitrotracker, Electroplankton, and NTRQ in an emulator, and though it was nice to be able to take down ideas wherever I was, the quality of the songs reached a ceiling. My netbook is only a little bigger than the DS and can do the same things much better.

The newer Titan songs are not as good.

Nitrotracker is good, but if you've got a DS that's screen is to far gone to be calibrated (I'm not overreacting, I spent 30 mins trying to calibrate it to o avail) it's not very fun to use. I never had the patience for DS-10, it seemed like a little to much effort.

Haven't heard the latest titan songs, the full version of the first OP was pretty meh, the unnecessary keyboardy bit relly threw me off, sounded like something out of FzeroX

imo lgpt has a lot of unique features so its not a "regular old sample tracker" after all. even on windows its very cool & there are reasons to choose it over other trackers

Brunswick, GA USA

XM with no effects is too weak to be useful for me wink I gave up on Nitro quickly. NTRQ has a  unique sound but the emulator on DS can't play digital so I didn't stick with that either...

UK, Leicester
sandneil wrote:

imo lgpt has a lot of unique features so its not a "regular old sample tracker" after all. even on windows its very cool & there are reasons to choose it over other trackers

the modulation and shit is pretty rad, I enjoy fiddeling around with it.

chunter wrote:

XM with no effects is too weak to be useful for me wink I gave up on Nitro quickly. NTRQ has a  unique sound but the emulator on DS can't play digital so I didn't stick with that either...

If I try to write something in nitrotracker, I just end up wishing I could do stuff that I can do on milky, but don't know how to on nitro. Also emulators of anything sound weird, LSDJ sounds really raspy and tin-y

NC in the US of America
sandneil wrote:

::) you know what i meant

Too bad you cant setup a dropbox folder on a psp or game park  or whatever, haha.

By the way, lgpt's control layout is customizable,, so if you dont like default there is always that.

Speaking of downgraded OP anime op themes, the second op for toriko sounds like its trying to to be the first one but not.

Baja California
chunter wrote:

I was using a DS for some time, DS-10, Nitrotracker, Electroplankton, and NTRQ in an emulator, and though it was nice to be able to take down ideas wherever I was, the quality of the songs reached a ceiling.

How do you run NTRQ in a NDS? I've tried it but the ROM threw me messages of not running in emulators

UK, Leicester
SketchMan3 wrote:
sandneil wrote:

::) you know what i meant

Too bad you cant setup a dropbox folder on a psp or game park  or whatever, haha.

By the way, lgpt's control layout is customizable,, so if you dont like default there is always that.

Speaking of downgraded OP anime op themes, the second op for toriko sounds like its trying to to be the first one but not.

PSP filer ver.6.4 allows you to send files from your PSP via ADHOC, I'm no computer expert, but I'm guessing you can send files to a computer using it somehow. I'm more a fan of the customizable colour schemes in piggy, I have multiple themes that I can change if I ger bored of one. I also have ones for use in sunlight, and in the dark. A white background theme, to make the screen clearer in the sun, and a black background so that it isn't as harsh on your eyes in the dark.

barf

bumping in an attempt to cut down on off-topics

wazzup you guys~!

just chillin bout to go meet a friend in jlem