Chicago, IL

I write for my school magazine and I'm looking for someone to interview for the next edition.

I was looking to do an interview with a musician who manages his/her music, image (online presence, artwork, behavior), and performances (live gigs, live streams, podcasts, youtube videos) in a professional manner. The article will be used to set a good example for students that think they are too good to worry about the online image they are creating. There are a lot of students who do not like to cross over into different major's classes because they do not see it as important. But it is. SO! Any takers? I can do phone, email or skype interviews. If you live in Chicago, we can try to schedule an interview in person!

Thanks guys!!

Unsubscribe

You should identify actual artists yourself and reach out to them. Some of the best don't even come here on a regular basis.

Chicago, IL

Any suggestions? My reason for posting here is because I know some of the frequent users on this site are good at what they do, on a professional level, and still contribute to a community that supports the art they represent.

Last edited by squidula (Jul 22, 2013 4:08 pm)

Unsubscribe

You should do the legwork and find people you feel represent these values for yourself.

UK, Leicester
herr_prof wrote:

You should do the legwork and find people you feel represent these values for yourself.

this.

If you think about it, a lot of artists who are more "professional" are less likely to visit a small time forum such as this. Take people like Johan Kotlinski, although not a musician, is still a very important person in the scene, when was the last time that you saw him post around the forums? Same with Anamanaguchi, they don't really post, although they have a representative. Starscream are also very infrequent posters. However, you do have well known chip artists who come here, and comment on shit on a regular basis, Danimal Cannon being one.

Playboy Man-Baby
Alpine wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

this.

If you think about it, a lot of artists who are more "professional" are less likely to visit a small time forum such as this. Take people like Johan Kotlinski, although not a musician, is still a very important person in the scene, when was the last time that you saw him post around the forums? Same with Anamanaguchi, they don't really post, although they have a representative. Starscream are also very infrequent posters. However, you do have well known chip artists who come here, and comment on shit on a regular basis, Danimal Cannon being one.

Kotlinski makes/made music as Role Model.

Chicago, IL

this forum is a great resource for finding people to tell you to find it yourself. I thought this was a cool opportunity for someone to promote themselves in a publication. Just trying to help smile

UK, Leicester
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

Kotlinski makes/made music as Role Model.

did not know.

Unsubscribe
squidula wrote:

I thought this was a cool opportunity for someone to promote themselves

I thought it was a good opportunity to teach a boy how to fish. Shouldn't you want to become an expert and discern a "pro" instead of filling an article with the first five dudes who managed to PM you?

UK, Leicester
squidula wrote:

this forum is a great resource for finding people to tell you to find it yourself.

I want this on a t-shirt

Chicago, IL

For the past year, I have done several artist and record label interviews for the publication. My interviews have since become a staple in the magazine. I know my school magazine isnt the rolling stones, and I know how to fish. I also know how to extend a helping a hand. The position has been filled.

It never ceases to amaze me how horrible this forum is with helping. As much as I love creating chip, the chip community is a very negative place. But i forgot you guys are all big time, successful artists that need no help. This thread can be closed.

Madriz, Supain

Infinity shred

Unsubscribe

Lol, millennials.

rochester, ny
squidula wrote:

For the past year, I have done several artist and record label interviews for the publication. My interviews have since become a staple in the magazine. I know my school magazine isnt the rolling stones, and I know how to fish. I also know how to extend a helping a hand. The position has been filled.

It never ceases to amaze me how horrible this forum is with helping. As much as I love creating chip, the chip community is a very negative place. But i forgot you guys are all big time, successful artists that need no help. This thread can be closed.

i think you're overreacting a bit. herr_prof is genuinely trying to be helpful and i agree with him. your article would be much better if you profiled a specific artist that you admired for the reasons you listed instead of just writing about some random person you happens to message you first (no offense to whoever that was).

that being said, i recommend messaging bclikesyou who would love to do an interview like this and who i feel manages their online presence very well.

Brunswick, GA USA
herr_prof wrote:

People Who "Do It All"
by Someone Who Didn't

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I guess that's how almost all music journalism goes. wink

If you have someone in mind and need contact info or whatever, this is an... okay place to ask. I have a harder time thinking of someone in chipmusic who doesn't handle all their own business themselves, because artists who seem to have "something missing" have left that thing out on purpose. Now that I've thought about it, that may be the reason why CC goes awry here.

Chicago, IL

lol would it have been better if I asked to do a collab? wink

didn't mean to overreact guys. Just thought about throwing out an opportunity. Nevermind!