GTA, ON

EDIT:

rsrm wrote:

FOR TRACK SUBMISSIONS

Email to: [email protected]
Email Subject: Track Submission
Items to Include:
- Song as a MP3 or WAV file or include a link (NSF is fine too, or other tracker formats)
- A 180px X 180px image to be included with the visualizer (or link to one that I can resize)
- The website(s) that you want linked to (bandcamp, soundcloud, facebook, ect)
- A little blurb about yourself that you want included (if applicable)
- A download/purchase link (if applicable)
- Preference of colours for the visualizer bars

Hey Everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I had an idea awhile back and just wanted to see if there was any interest. I mostly just want to see if this would be something that people would be interested in contributing to/getting involved with.

My thought is to do something along the lines of what Monstercat Media, Tasty Network, edmSpotlight, etc. do and provide a showcase of chipmusic and (to a somewhat lesser degree) 8-bit/sprite graphics. I've been dabbling in After Effects recently working on some visualizers, but as of right now I don't have any that are fully finished and ready to go yet.

I understand that there are a ton of sites, blogs, and netlabels that all do the exact same thing, but I feel as though there isn't necessarily a presence on youtube or something central that features a collection of content derived from all the aforementioned sources.

At this point it's still just a thought so if people could let me know what they think that would be great.

Thanks

EDIT: Demos of current visuals (Updated):

Pulse Intro V2
Intro Sequence (V2)
Visualizer Demo

Last edited by rsrm (Aug 4, 2013 2:00 am)

rochester, ny

Yeah go for it

GTA, ON

Sorry for the bump, but if anyone has any ideas for the name of the channel or wants to submit music/artwork feel free to post in this thread or send me a quick pm.

Hopfully if this idea gets off the ground then we'll have a better way to submit content, but it's going to be a bit haphazard for now. For the time being I'm going to work on getting a base visualizer done and an intro sequence and then we'll go from there.

Youngstown, OH

Sounds like a nice idea, feel free to have at any of my stuff on here

GTA, ON

@nickmaynard - Glad you're interested, do you have anything you want shown?

@sleepytimejesse - Excellent, thank you. I'll get in contact with you once I get the visuals sorted out.

GTA, ON

Hey guys, another bump/update.

I'm kinda working with the name "Pulsewidth Music" (channel name PWMusic [excuse the lack of everything]) for the whole youtube thing and I've got a preliminary intro bit done, which I may change if I get another idea or have more time to sit down and dedicate to it. Hopefully I'll be able to get the visualizer done within the next couple of days and then I'll probably upload the intro and sample visualizer output for some feedback from you guys and then get into uploading full material.

I'm probably going to start asking individual people for music submissions so that there is some base material so the channel can start building a bit of a viewer base, as I don't expect people will be readily submitting stuff before it has a decent number of followers.

That being said, if anyone has a particular track they would like to be shown on the channel, or if they are okay with me using material they have already uploaded on this site, bandcamp, soundcloud, etc. please don't hesitate to post in this thread or shoot me a quick pm.

Thanks!

tl;dr - Got channel started, working on visuals/setup, want people to submit tracks/artwork

ive already seen some channels like this. the one i see most often is https://www.youtube.com/user/ReclusiveLemming

but theres always room for more youtube channels

NC in the US of America

I think PulseWidthMusic is a bit too direct. I think P and W should stand for something else, but I don't know what. How about Pulse With Music? OH! MWP Music With Pulse? MPW: Modern Pulse Warfare!! Nevermind... >_>

sandneil wrote:

ive already seen some channels like this. the one i see most often is https://www.youtube.com/user/ReclusiveLemming

but theres always room for more youtube channels

sandneil your sarcasm-slip is showing tongue

California, USA

These seems interesting. So like a UKF kinda deal?

Youngstown, OH

Alternatively, PulseWidth sounds like a sweet chip niche magazine

California, United States

Sounds neat, you can use my music if you want.

? i wasnt being sarcastic i think its a cool idea

GTA, ON

@sandneil - I didn't know that channel existed, so thanks for pointing that out! I'm always interested in new music.

@SketchMan3 - I was trying to brainstorm stuff and that just popped into my head and nobody had taken it yet, so I kind of ran with it, haha. If people have better suggestions, please post them (I do like Modern Pulse Warefare haha)

@Dark Oyster - Yeah thats the basic idea, but I'm leaning moreso towards "frequency spectrum"-type visuals as opposed to just ambient effects, but thats not to say thats not an option either.

@sleepytimejessie - You're totally right, though now I'm going to have magazine ideas stuck in my head haha.

@Doxic - Glad you're interested! I'll sent out some PM's / emails once I get the visual stuff done so people can let me know what they want me to link to in the description or if they want me to use a particular song.

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:12 pm)

GTA, ON

@Feryl - Thanks! I'll add them to the list smile

Pick any song(s) you like from Volanepük. Only "Ex Ovo Omnia" has a YouTube video already.