GTA, ON

@Akareyon - Excellent! I'll take a look through and grab a couple tracks.

California, USA

Use this if you want.

California

Feel free to use anything from here

if u use mine i swear i'll punch ur arm

GTA, ON

@Dark Oyster - Superb, thanks for the submission!

@VCMG - I'll take a look through and grab a couple tracks, thanks a bunch!

@defPREMIUM - yikes, well, as long as it's not my face, I suppose I can live with that.

I'm working on finishing up version 1 of the intro and visualizer, so I should have them uploaded later today for everyone to check out and then I'll get cracking on getting the submissions uploaded.

California, USA

Awesome! I look forward to this.

GTA, ON

Hey Everyone,

I've uploaded version 1 of both the intro sequence and the visualizer to the YouTube channel, so people can check them out at the links below:

Intro Sequence
Visualizer Demo

Feedback is much appreciated and feel free to post here or on the videos with any suggestions you may have.

I'll be making some tweaks this week and finalizing everything, so if things go according to plan I'll start uploading tracks towards the end of the week or the weekend. I do have a fairly busy week ahead though, so things may get pushed back to early next week.

I will be contacting all of the people who submitted tracks thus far regarding linking, descriptions/artist information, logos/album art, and other assorted info. Currently, with the way the template is set up I will need the logo/album art to be 180x180, but anything that is already online (in a greater size) I can just resize myself. Additionally, I will be giving people the option to choose the visualizer colors (2 colors that are somewhat blended together as seen in the visualizer demo) for their given song.

Looking forward, the visualizer design may change in the future but I'm fairly content with the current layout. I also have been toying with the idea of doing custom visualizers based around a certain piece of artwork, but I don't think that will happen until a ways down the road.

This is pretty slick! I feel like the intro sequence should be cut down to 4 seconds (faster animation, static image for longer?), and I'm not a fan of it dancing and shaking a little bit. I think it would be cooler to see it pulse down the straight line like a heart monitor (PM me if you want a design I sketched out) without the shaky bass line. Then, you could make that same base line be the initial line of the visual EQ.

Overall, great concept, just needs a bit more thought before you make more videos. Thanks for sharing! smile

Milwaukee, WI

This is really neat!  I like the visualizer.  I like the intro but it does need to be shorter.  Perhaps a brief sound as well (ala little-scales youtube clips).

GTA, ON

@thebitman - I agree, I felt as though it was a bit slow as well. As far as the movement, I just added that for a little bit more movement in the scene as it looked pretty static without anything, but that can always be toned down or removed.

@Theta_Frost - Thanks! I definitely think there should be a sound with the intro, but I wasn't sure if I would just put it overtop of the intro of the song or have completely seperate audio (the seperate audio would probably be better because of the way the visualizer is set up).

Last edited by rsrm (Jul 29, 2013 1:46 pm)

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:12 pm)

GTA, ON

@Feryl - Thanks!

If people have any suggestions like @thebitman then feel free to post them. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Nomad's Land

Looks good. Not a fan of shaky cam in the intro either, though. If you absolutely want to use movement, then use it a the end, as sort of "exit stage" effect. And yeah, you could add a nice swooshy sound effect mirroring the left-to-right movement.

GTA, ON

@irrlichtproject - Thank you, I'm going to try and re-work the intro sequence and have a new copy uploaded in a day or so and then we can move forward from there.

orange county, CA

i'm real excited to see where this channel goes as well.

jk it is actually fine if u use my music - not that my music is super chiptuney