Manchester, UK

My personal preferences:

I'd like to see that logo have some colour. Plain white makes it look a bit amateurish to me, but that could just be personal taste. I like everything else though. The little sound is a plus I think. Keep that beast.

GTA, ON

@Boddrick - Thanks for checking it out smile I'm going to use the excuse that its "minimalist" but in reality I just went for the contrast between the white and black. I do like how the little end glitch sound worked out though.

GTA, ON

Hey guys, I'm about to start getting videos ready and I just wanted to mention again that for futher track submissions I'll be able to have a lot quicker turnaround if you just send me an email with the following stuff:

rsrm wrote:

FOR TRACK SUBMISSIONS

Email to: [email protected]
Email Subject: Track Submission
Items to Include:
- Song as a MP3 or WAV file or include a link (NSF is fine too, or other tracker formats)
- A 180px X 180px image to be included with the visualizer (or link to one that I can resize)
- The website(s) that you want linked to (bandcamp, soundcloud, facebook, ect)
- A little blurb about yourself that you want included (if applicable)
- A download/purchase link (if applicable)
- Preference of colours for the visualizer bars

Thanks for all of the patience everyone, content will be uploaded tonight or tomorrow

Manchester, UK

Good work man! Is this just for full-on, 100% chiptune stuff? I'm doing an electro house track at the moment, but it's just got a few chippy arps and a pad, the rest being, like, more bits than 8. Is the song eligible? I guess the question is, is this YouTube channel showcasing chipmusic.org or chiptune? smile

GTA, ON

@Boddrick - Thats a tough one, I haven't really given it too much thought really. I was going to include a track from defPREMIUM (in exchange for a punch to the arm region) and his music is similar to what you mentioned, in that he uses chiptune samples without having something strictly "chiptune". So at this point I would say yes, it is eligible.

That being said, I think that having pure EDM music without any chip influences at all may kind of skew the focus of the channel.

Lastly, I don't think this will be exclusive to chipmusic.org. Once I get all of the tracks that have been submitted here done I am considering posting over on noisechannel as well to get more track submissions, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Thanks!

GTA, ON

Hey Everyone,

The first two videos are live!

Doxic - The War and The Tossed Salad
Please Lose Battle - Afternoon, at last

Turns out the rendering process takes a bit longer than expected, so I'll be releasing the rest of the tracks up to this point over the course of the weekend.

Just some stats for this stuff (if anyone cares)

rsrm wrote:

Stage 1 - Original Render
Time = ~25 minutes for a 5 minute video
Video = 1280x720, 25-30 GB

Stage 2 - Encoding
Time = ~20 minutes for a 5 minute video
Video = 1280x720, 160-175 MB

Stage 3 - Uploading
Time = ~10-15 minutes if the internet is being nice

So it takes about an hour or more to get each video done (give or take)

Last edited by rsrm (Aug 2, 2013 3:35 pm)

Manchester, UK

Good answer smile I'll see how it looks down the line when I actually finish the track, which will be a while.

It's all pretty informal around here, so you could easily just approach stuff like that on a case-by-case basis. No need for hard, fast rules I wouldn't say. I for one wouldn't be offended if someone told me my songs lacked the kind of chip tune focus to be included in a chip tune playlist. Anyway, cool. Peace out and all that.

GTA, ON

@Boddrick - Haha thanks, your question really made me stop and think. Let me know how it goes on the track smile

NC in the US of America

You probably already know this but "8bit music" isn't even 8bits. The labeling of a console as "8-bit" isn't in reference to the "soundchip" output. Unless you are talking like an 8bit module sample or something.

California, USA

You should spruce up the channel by adding a description and having a featured video or whatever.

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:13 pm)

California, USA
Feryl wrote:
Dark Oyster wrote:

You should spruce up the channel by adding a description and having a featured video or whatever.

Yeah, whatever the cool kids are doing amirite?

You are right.

Feryl wrote:
Dark Oyster wrote:

Yeah, whatever the cool kids are doing amirite?

feryl, u can be a touchy guy .. i have noticed in multiple threads you have treated totally harmless advice as if it were intended rudely- including my own comments. and here it is again .. pls stop : /

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:13 pm)

Feryl wrote:

Wasn't meant as a disparaging comment.

and neither was jefftheworld's comment on that other thread

GTA, ON

@SketchMan3 - I didn't mention "8-bit" specifically, but you are correct, if I'm not mistaken "8-bit" refers to the accumulator size in the microprocessor (also usually the RAM width), but enough of that EE stuff haha.

@Dark Oyster - Just working on getting all of the videos rendered and uploaded at the moment, so I shall get to that stuff in due time.