New York, New York

Thanks ltron. Thing I should have mentioned is the synth has been stuffed in the closet of an aspiring 1990s electronic musician; I already own it. I do like to dream yet money goes to other stuff first before I get additional MIDI in capable analog synths.

It seems to me that older gear has far less lag time, where as contemporary gear has to handle more i/o and therefore lags? heart LSDJing.

I await akira8gb's caanoo writeup.

San Francisco
Esopus-dragon wrote:

I await akira8gb's caanoo writeup.

Yo tambien

I am all wet with anticipation.

San Francisco

yo. donde esta caanoo writeup? god i suck at spanish.

New York City

Life's rough, had better things to do this weekend. You'll have to wait tongue

San Francisco

sad

hardcore, Australia

Finally playing around with the pig on my dingoo lately. i need to stop by the sample thread to get me some melodic material. all i've got on there is lsdj kits. And the standard stuff. Moo bass can only do so much for me.
Are there any lgpt central communities about?

I'm working on a piggy ep. I really like the software and hope it gets an update!

Brazil
godinpants wrote:

Finally playing around with the pig on my dingoo lately. i need to stop by the sample thread to get me some melodic material. all i've got on there is lsdj kits. And the standard stuff. Moo bass can only do so much for me.
Are there any lgpt central communities about?

There is the official LGPT mailing list and there's #hexawe on irc, afaik.

West Yorks, UK

i love piggy. I just want to be able to use piggy to midi fo more than just lgpt.

id pay someone to make a midi file player for the gp2x > pig>midi! i cant transcribe all my crazy shit into tracker format!

any hope in hell whatsoever of midi import  (cud just be monophonc midi files or something) ever becoming part of lgpt?
PLEEEAAASE

Brazil
Domu wrote:

i love piggy. I just want to be able to use piggy to midi fo more than just lgpt.

id pay someone to make a midi file player for the gp2x > pig>midi! i cant transcribe all my crazy shit into tracker format!

any hope in hell whatsoever of midi import  (cud just be monophonc midi files or something) ever becoming part of lgpt?
PLEEEAAASE

Hm, i think low gain made those, but I don't know anything about it now.

Geneva, NY
Domu wrote:

PLEEEAAASE

word on the streets is that xiamus made some sort of .it to piggy .dat conversion tool and used it on his jazzhole compo entry, but no one has ever actually seen it....

Possible low hanging fruit.. Would love to be able to save current song as new file name... Create templates without having to use computer..

Geneva, NY

Yeah, "save as" has been on the todo list for years now!

West Yorks, UK

wow yeah save as would be rad.

also, subway sonicbeat: yeah i know low-gain did, i bought me one and a gp2x. i was on a bout how it would be nice if someone could make some other piece of software that works with it. like i say, a trackers format is not really the best option for everyone.

what i really really want is a basic piano roll sequencer with midi out on multiple channels. something like the bhajis loops interface (that software is the only thing that stands up to the pig!) on gp2x running pig to midi would be an absolute wankfest.

xiamus' contraption sounds awesome!

IL, US

what is it that you want to do with piggy->midi that you cant do? ive been working with a lot and have usually found a reasonable way to do anything ive wanted to do

West Yorks, UK

well to be honest, its my lack of tracking skill that makes me wish for another way of using the piggy to midi. for example, the power or having such a midi capable sequencer in the pocket is amazing, but I write most of my piggy stuff using plof commands to jump around samples, actually tracking note by note to build up a composition like i would in ableton or bhajis i just find really difficult, hence id love to see just a basic basic app that could take a multichannel midi file and play it back.

obviously id lose a lot in the performance elements, but would be able to load up some midis ive recorded in anything and boom- play it back into a shruthi/ sammich combo and tweak out. i guess the trouble i have is efficiently building up soem of the polyphonic phrases id like to play back on the go using 16 step mono channels.

all you chipmusicians with a modicum of skill are probably crying HERETIC right now, and yeah i admit i just dont have the skills to do what id like with the piggy(+to midi!) Building up acid house mono sequences or crazy breakcore beat rushes on the other hand is amazingly simple, and why i ended up getting the gp2x and the interface in the first place.

I also thought that it might not be too difficult to get someone (or commission them to) working on a simplistic no frills midi playback app. I dont know how simple this would actually be like, as i am pretty damn noob. big_smile