Milwaukee, WI
bleo wrote:
Theta_Frost wrote:

Is there a way to smoothly downsample without copying a bunch of instruments?

Not yet, but it's "on the list."

Sweet!  That would be a great feature.

I like the look of the Caanoo.

San Francisco

I have been hoping and wishing for a downsample command for a long time. It would b teh sex. I would love a new beta. I am drooling over the possibilities with lgpt. O man 2010 has been a lonely year... But this new shit is quite inspiring!!

New York, New York

I've gotten offensively late in the Piggy bandwagon, offensive like I am imagining all my questions will be reacted to like someone has horrible B.O.

*pheweee*

I'm looking for a GP2X mostly as I want to run Piggy MIDI. Maybe I should try a platform until the MIDI comes up for the Dingoo? Between them all if I had to be forced to not use Piggy MIDI, is PSP the best platform? I read about trouble with the headphone/AV outs on some of the platforms? That would be a problem doing live shows if I understand correctly, you don't want audio connection to fail in a show! Will Dingoo run as a Piggy MIDI platform sometime soon?

San Francisco

The gp2x currently is the only stable midi supporting platform for lgpt. Dingoo looks like it is at the bottom of the list for getting midi support. While it might be possible to get midi on dingoo it isn't practical at all according to a previous thread. The skill required to do the mod to support midi is pretty intense. Psp has the most demand for lgpt midi support right now and I would guess it is the most likely to get it in the future. Not sure about the caanoo port.

For non midi use of piggy The psp is generally acepted as being the most comfortable lgpt platform. If hacking a psp is within your abilities then it's a sure thing. Dingoo is the more mobile option as it is the smallest Light weight hardware for piggy and it works just as well. Dingoo is easy to set up  though i would say that it is more pc freindly then mac. Caaaaanoooooo is the exciting new shit. I can't tell u much about other than it looks baller. That is the brief fill-in I think...

There are a few threads around here that go into more detail. U can probably just use the search bar to find that shit out tho. Good luck!

IL, US

i may have a gp2x f100 available still, was holding it for someone, but its been a while, time to bother him about it, if its up for grabs, ill let you know karl smile

Turku, FIN

I heard from the internet that PSP midi is probably not gonna happen. Canoo midi might be more likely. This is just some rumours i've heard.

New York City

Caanoo MIDI seems likely because Caanoo has a USB host, meaning you can plug any USB MIDI interface and be done with it.
But then again, first a driver needs to be written for LGPT to accept the MIDI interface...

Geneva, NY

Well....

depending on how many MIDI channels you want/need.... and how soon you need to get rolling....

LSDJ MIDI out is likely gonna see the light of day soonish.  Then all you'd need is an arduinoboy.

Just sayin'.

Also, I chatted w/ Marc briefly the other day and caanoo MIDI isn't as easy as we might have thought, but it still does look more promising than all the other options right now.

New York City

The thing that makes it seem more viable about the Caanoo is that at least you don't have to go and build any sort of device. It might take a bunch of code prowess, but no dealing with the invention of special hardware.

At least you can still sync, with a click track.

San Francisco

T80's lsdj midi works looks pretty sick. I was talking to him about it a while back and I mean it just seems really cool.

whats the up and up on the caanoo akira? Does the port function well? is it confortable to use?

New York, New York

Thanks wedanced, esc, keff, akira8gb and bleo for the fill in. I appreciate that offer, esc!

Well, what I'm looking at is a six digitally controlled analog voice MIDI in capable synth module from the middle of the 1980s. It has no sequencer and naturally no sync. It has very cool pwm and can layer up all six voices. If I had more MIDI, and MIDI chaining was happening, then I could be needing more channels. It has a sound and is MIDI capable for LGPT more so than LSDJ, samples being the necessity, rather than lobit kits. I have been wanting something to play samples entirely, making a GP2X, or other LGPT pocket friendly platform most inviting. I have been dreaming of merging that into a currently small analog synth module set up.

One thing I despise about the PSP is the delayed start. This was mentioned a few pages back, but I must reiterate how it's horrible if you're planning on doing DJ style sets aka triggering mixes manually by ear.

Also, Esopus you should check out the Six-Track or the Multi-track (synths)? They both have 6 oscillators that are separate. Also, they are MIDI capable so you could totally run them with GP2X-MIDI and control each voice separately.

Last edited by L-tron (Jan 13, 2011 8:51 pm)

New York City
L-tron wrote:

One thing I despise about the PSP is the delayed start. This was mentioned a few pages back, but I must reiterate how it's horrible if you're planning on doing DJ style sets aka triggering mixes manually by ear.

The GP2X has a far worse start time. But the card read access is lower, same for the Caanoo.
Wedanced: I expect to make a little write up for TCTD this weekend.

Unsubscribe

with sleep mode, the psp start time is irrelevant.

Geneva, NY
herr_prof wrote:

with sleep mode, the psp start time is irrelevant.

He means the lag between pressing start and the music starting.

Unsubscribe

pfft djs.