Unsubscribe

Works fine on xp with windows midi synth big_smile

IL, US

haha, well, i had heard about midi hardware issues...probably is fine for running softsynths

Tokyo, Japan

dbpoweramp is officially the software for bitrate conversion for piggy samples. Thanks Peter.

San Francisco
godinpants wrote:

I've been using the free version of this with success
http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html

been using this for years an it is great for converting large batches. also great for making .raw files to be used with things like glitchds and the like.

Brazil

I use wavosaur for almost everything - from converting wav to mp3 to sampling shit from 8 to 16 bits.

Wherever

After having used my Caanoo with LGPT intensively for the last week, I can only conclude that it's an awesome device. LGPT loads immediately, sampleload is very quick (even with long loops), the analog stick feels great (sometimes it goes a bit too fast, but that happens rarely), the sound is nice and it was easy as pie to 'install'. And the best part is that I'm running LGPT (and my samplelibrary) from a USB-stick perfectly!

The shoulderbuttons don't annoy me as much as I've read about, so that's cool.

Some minor points: batterylife isn't that great (if compared to my 4 year old DS Lite who still holds a charge for at least a week...), LGPT sometimes chrashes so saving constantly is required and a small part of the screen is cut off by the Caanoo's screen (which hopefully will be fixed with a firmwareupdate or something)

Conclusion: a very awesome way of portable tracking. The 'expensive' price might keep some people from buying this one, and go for the Dingoo but it seems like the Caanoo outperforms both the PSP (seen one in action) and the Dingoo (read about). Plus, it's just awesome to be able to run LGPT from a USB-stick!

Just a question: have anyone of you who has a Caanoo played live with it? Because the rare crashes makes me a bit jumpy to perform live with it...

Just my two cents.

PS: I'm in no way, saying that Dingoo's or PSP's are inferior. So correct me please if I'm wrong.

Last edited by Spöka (Aug 30, 2011 10:34 am)

Geneva, NY

1) I know rhinostrich has been playing live sets using only 2 caanoos and says they're pretty stable.

2) Next release of piggy (when? idk, but it will be SOON) will fix the screen cutoff issue by moving the text down a bit so no need to wait for a caanoo firmware fix on that one. Also, apparently there's some sort of crash when you exit piggy that has been fixed.

Thanks for the infos, makes me want a caanoo even more!

IL, US

oh, the exit crash is getting fixed? nice

Wherever
bleo wrote:

1) I know rhinostrich has been playing live sets using only 2 caanoos and says they're pretty stable.

2) Next release of piggy (when? idk, but it will be SOON) will fix the screen cutoff issue by moving the text down a bit so no need to wait for a caanoo firmware fix on that one. Also, apparently there's some sort of crash when you exit piggy that has been fixed.

Thanks for the infos, makes me want a caanoo even more!

Ok, good to know that they're stable in a livesetting.

Screen and exit crash will be fixed? AWESOME!!! Hope it gets released soon!

I'd say get one, because they're not that expensive on Ebay anymore. ;D

São Paulo, Brazil

I gotta confess: I'll always hate the caanoo analog stick for piggyin'.

New York City
Spöka wrote:

Just a question: have anyone of you who has a Caanoo played live with it? Because the rare crashes makes me a bit jumpy to perform live with it...

I have not had it crash, like, ever. It works solid! Used it in a couple of gigs.

If you are having battery issues, consider contacting GPH, because some of the models went out with shitty batteries, and they will replace it for you at no charge. Finding a contact to sort this out is nigh on impossible, so mail Ellie at yj0424 }47{ gp2x }d0†{ com and tell her your problem.

Tokyo, Japan

oh oh oh, I have a question, how fast is the caanoo browsing folders with lots of samples? PSP is sloooooow.

Unsubscribe

I only put like 30 samples in a folder tops cause of that. I split up 200 drums into a-f g-m etc.. it helps!

New York City

It's much faster, the PSP is ridiculous.
I'd do a side by side comparison if I still had a PSP *sniff*

Unsubscribe

I was reading (alot) about the psp this weekend. The psp has a bottle neck on memory stick read/writes of something pathetic like 100mb/s. Even faster cards wont help you. Wonder if pspgo loading is faster!

Wherever
akira^8GB wrote:
Spöka wrote:

I have not had it crash, like, ever. It works solid! Used it in a couple of gigs.

If you are having battery issues, consider contacting GPH, because some of the models went out with shitty batteries, and they will replace it for you at no charge. Finding a contact to sort this out is nigh on impossible, so mail Ellie at yj0424 }47{ gp2x }d0†{ com and tell her your problem.

Thanks a lot for the info! The crashes (like the two I had) happen only when I load a big sample and change pages too fast... So it's ok.

And the battery is no issue really. I never charged it fully, since I had to keep it plugged in to laptop all the time but then I realized that I can use my Iphone charger for it. big_smile Derp...