Wherever
Lazerbeat wrote:

oh oh oh, I have a question, how fast is the caanoo browsing folders with lots of samples? PSP is sloooooow.

Compared to the PSP, the Caanoo is lightning fast. I have like 4gb of samples on my usb-stick, and a lot of them are loops and big samples and still they load really fast.

IL, US
Spöka wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

I have not had it crash, like, ever. It works solid! Used it in a couple of gigs.

If you are having battery issues, consider contacting GPH, because some of the models went out with shitty batteries, and they will replace it for you at no charge. Finding a contact to sort this out is nigh on impossible, so mail Ellie at yj0424 }47{ gp2x }d0†{ com and tell her your problem.

Thanks a lot for the info! The crashes (like the two I had) happen only when I load a big sample and change pages too fast... So it's ok.

And the battery is no issue really. I never charged it fully, since I had to keep it plugged in to laptop all the time but then I realized that I can use my Iphone charger for it. big_smile Derp...

dont leave anything with a rechargeable battery plugged in all the time, can kill the battery faster (even laptops)

Geneva, NY

Hey there piggy people, there's a new dingux distro out there called
OpenDingux.

http://dingoowiki.com/index.php?title=Dingux:OpenDingux

It's got some great features and also ALSA audio drivers, which I hear is
all the rage these days. What this means is that the current dingoo piggy
build won't run in it. Marc will have to create a new build especially for
this but isn't interested in supporting TWO dingoo builds (rightfully so) so
we'll have to choose which way we want to go: current dingux or future
OpenDingux.

My vote is for OpenDingux all the way because the sweet new features and
ALSA driver.

Oh and if you already have dingux dual boot running on your dingoo, nothing
further needs to be done to run OpenDingux, just different zImage and rootfs
placed on your SD card. So you could essentially have one SD card with old
dingux and one with OpenDingux.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this wouldn't be the way to go?

Brazil

- Add MIDI instruments to the rootfs
What this I don't even. But I like the sound of it.

So the ALSA supports MIDI? Am I wrong? If so, is the way to go with the Dingoo!

As far as I read, some emulators are not running there yet, but if Piggy runs with it I don't give a damn cause I use two sepparate SD cards (one with games, one with the piggy).
This looks like a beast to me.

São Paulo, Brazil
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

As far as I read, some emulators are not running there yet, but if Piggy runs with it I don't give a damn cause I use two sepparate SD cards (one with games, one with the piggy).

man, really... forget midi for dingoo.

Brazil
PULSELOOPER wrote:
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

man, really... forget midi for dingoo.

A man can dream of beign cheap.

Geneva, NY

Well, this might make midi more doable, even tho you'd still need to do the hardware hack:

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/1419/ … n-in-lgpt/

The big thing for me with OpenDingux is the power switch daemon:

opendingux FAQ wrote:

Every command is triggered by pulling up the power slider, then pressing a button or button combination and finally releasing the power slider:

Dingoo DPAD Up and Down : increase/decrease the sound volume.
        Dingoo DPAD Left and Right : increase/decrease the backlight.
        Dingoo B Button : enter "mouse emulation" mode. To exit it, just press power+B again.
        Dingoo A Button : suspend the dingoo. The dingoo can last entire days on that mode. Just press "power" to resume.
        Dingoo Y Button : enable/disable the TV-out. It will mute the internal speakers, and power off the internal screen when in use.
        Dingoo X Button : take a screenshot. They will be saved on local/home/screenshots on your SD card, and named "screenshotX.png".
        Dingoo Left Shoulder Button + Dingoo Right Shoulder Button : shut down the dingoo.
        Dingoo Start Button + Dingoo Select Button : reboot the dingoo.

In addition to some really handy features there, those volume control commands would unfuck the button overlap issue in piggy big_smile

Ciudad de méxico, MX

please do opendingux

Brazil

I saw those and really loved tose buttons! But those would work even if the Piggy is booted from the start (without selecting it at the menu)?

But I was kinda intrigued by that MIDI isntruments. Are they like when I do MIDI music on my computer? I would like to use those cheesy instruments hehehe.

Anyway, opendingux looks better than the one that's standard now.

Unsubscribe

midi softsynth would be swueeet.

San Francisco

dooooood. opendingux all the way if it is the one that is going to have continued support.

San Francisco

so Gemei A330 isnt ever going to get dingux huh?

Brazil

All I want is MIDI softsynth. Moar cheapsynthpop to do.

Geneva, NY
wedanced wrote:

so Gemei A330 isnt ever going to get dingux huh?

I think it already does????

http://dingoo-scene.blogspot.com/2010/0 … -a330.html

São Paulo, Brazil

Fuck! Didnt know that.

San Francisco

no i think that is for the dingoo A330. shit gets confused between the 2 all the time.