Unsubscribe

Vote there and say so in the comments!

São Paulo, Brazil

dingoo 4ever

Sydney, NSW
egr wrote:
Chainsaw Police wrote:

Wait, does the mean the PSP 2000 I just shelled out for won't run piggy?

You're fine.  He's saying that the PSP3000 is the only piggy-capable system that is still be produced new.

Oh thank god, I've already bought a 4GB memory stick and I'm gonna go pick up my 2002 today. Hyped to try out the pig on a handheld platform!
Tracking with limited buttons on a PC just feels so shitty and alien to me. I hate emulating LSDj on a computer because the button layout is so unergonomic and different from that of the GB. Hopefully piggy should feel better through a psp!

Sydney, NSW
egr wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

FB users: vote for your favorite pig platforms:
http://www.facebook.com/questions/10151030276463284/

If only psp could do midi sad
gp2x feels so flimsy and fiddly in conparison

I remember hearing something about click sync with the PSP, like panning everything to one side and having a simple constant pulsing click run on the other side of the speakers, then using that click to sync another device?
It ain't midi, but it's still sync. I think it's a pretty cool idea!

Tokyo, Japan

Also, does anyone have any ideas for other minor user experience enhancers like extra key combos / the extra select mode etc?

Sydney, NSW
Lazerbeat wrote:

Also, does anyone have any ideas for other minor user experience enhancers like extra key combos / the extra select mode etc?

Use a dark color scheme in darm lighting and a light color scheme in bright lighting. I found that it helps my eyes stare at the screen better in the dark, and helps the glare not affect it so much in the light.

Abandoned on Fire
Lazerbeat wrote:

A "looped listen" option in the import screen would be sweet.

Also some indication of how much RAM you've used/have left.

Last edited by egr (Aug 25, 2012 5:53 am)

Melbourne, Australia

Tokyo, Japan
Chainsaw Police wrote:
Lazerbeat wrote:

Use a dark color scheme in darm lighting and a light color scheme in bright lighting. I found that it helps my eyes stare at the screen better in the dark, and helps the glare not affect it so much in the light.

ooooh, switchable theme from the project page might be nice!

egr wrote:
Lazerbeat wrote:

Looped listen is a noted feature request, I think the piggers called it "osc preview"

Remaining ram is an interesting one. have you run out of ram before? It isnt an issue ive encountered.

Abandoned on Fire
Lazerbeat wrote:
Chainsaw Police wrote:

egr wrote:

Looped listen is a noted feature request, I think the piggers called it "osc preview"

Remaining ram is an interesting one. have you run out of ram before? It isnt an issue ive encountered.

I've had freeze ups when trying to use really long samples (Pulp Fiction quotes or some dumb shit like that) or on opening a project where I've imported tons of samples.  I'm assuming that was low RAM.  It's a very rare thing to happen, I'd like to see it more out of curiousity than anything.  smile

Sydney, NSW
Lazerbeat wrote:
Chainsaw Police wrote:

Oh man, that'd be sick! I was just suggesting doing it manually.
But yeah, I never had the idea of imagining an inbuilt theme switcher. I've been going through piggy color schemes on a daily basis, and i hate doing it by hand, manually.

Mister nostromo, get on all these good ideas!!

Tokyo, Japan

I actrually have a few different themes I like commented out in my config file, I just remove and replace the #'s now and again

Milwaukee, WI

How about stackable commands?  I.e. having the same command in a table and a phrase.  It would be nice for doing things like pitch bending an arpeggio made up of PTCH commands in a table.  Or filtering an instrument that uses filters in its tables, etc.  A lot of times I'll use a command only to realize I used it in a table as part of the sound design.

São Paulo, Brazil

Piggy for opendingux: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/323652/ghetto/ … dingux.dge

works like a charm. Opendingux boots WAY faster than the old crappy dingux. And piggy now don't have those glitchy characters in the New Song screen anymore. Also, the power button daemon for volume (power button slider up + d-pad up or down = volume up and down) is absolutelly marvelous.

Tokyo, Japan

Damn that was fast. Some questions.

Is it possible to autoboot into piggy the same as with dingux?

Does opendingux mute the speakers when using the av out for headphones?

Anyone have a link for the memory hack to get up to 512mb ram with the SWAP disk?

Czech Republic
Lazerbeat wrote:

Does opendingux mute the speakers when using the av out for headphones?

I don't think so.
turning speakers off is done mechanically, I think there's no software monitor for plugged / unplugged jack.
all audio outputs are running all time, untill you turn them mechanically off by grounding them (that's how phones output turns off speakers).
get a little switch into the dingoo (there is really small space inside) or get stereo jack grounded to itself plugged into phones output.
that's my opinion.