Would looooove bouncing down patterns/pattern groups to samples like in renoise

Make a good beat -> bounce down -> chop/filter /retrigger.....

Tokyo, Japan

Bounce down = render selection to sample?

uhajdafdfdfa

schism can do that and i have used in it 2 tunes ever x) but it's a neat idea anyway

Tokyo, Japan

Yah, it isnt a feature I really use in Renoise either.

Side note, on the dinger is there merit to using the headphone out over the av out? Does one have better level, bass or clarity or anything?

The jack placement annoys me so much I'm going to just jam a broken headphone plug in there unless there is reason to use it over av?

Unsubscribe

render always sounds a little different than recording, because the headphones jacks on all the various devices arent transparent. the gp2x has a significant bass bump for example.

Tokyo, Japan

Sorry I meant for live use!

Czech Republic
Lazerbeat wrote:

The jack placement annoys me so much I'm going to just jam a broken headphone plug in there unless there is reason to use it over av?

My english is not so good... sorry...
But if you are asking about hard muting over av headphone jack, I don't remember if there is a possibility in the original plug.
you might have to resolder it by another with two switches for muting two speakers.
but I don't recommend soldering inside dingoo.
I destroyed one of my speaker (then I replaced it with mute switch for the second speaker).
But anyway I use headphones almost anytime...

I don't know if there is a difference between AV and Headphones output.
Didn't tried to compare it.

Last edited by ryba (Aug 27, 2012 2:02 pm)

West Yorks, UK

Hey any pig to midi users (gp2x)? I read somewhere that a script is required to start the pig to avoid midi garbage disrupting use. The only time i managed to successfully send midi from the gp2x, there was a whoile lot of clicking and flickering happening with the screen. I set the autorun script text file just as was mentioned (god knows where it was, manual wiki perhaps?) but it wouldnt work.

Has anyone else had any experience of wierd noises and screen behaviour whilst using pig>midi?

And isnt the Piggy> midi logo just the best bit of graphic design ever? Love it

Last edited by Domu (Aug 27, 2012 2:12 pm)

São Paulo, Brazil
Lazerbeat wrote:

Is it possible to autoboot into piggy the same as with dingux?

Yeah, Bleo just did that. I'll copy his email to the piggy list:

"So FYI for all you dudes who are using my
pigdoo.zip to boot directly to piggy, just rename the "main" file in
local/sbin/ directory to "frontend_start" and you're ready to rock!"

Lazerbeat wrote:

Does opendingux mute the speakers when using the av out for headphones?

Yes! You can mute Dingoo's speaker inside the OpenDingux mixer! There, you can also set the master volume, mute/unmute the phone/AV out, etc. Really sweet.

Lazerbeat wrote:

Anyone have a link for the memory hack to get up to 512mb ram with the SWAP disk?

I'm looking for that too. I'll ask Analog, I believe he tried it once.

São Paulo, Brazil
ryba wrote:
Lazerbeat wrote:

Does opendingux mute the speakers when using the av out for headphones?

I don't think so.
turning speakers off is done mechanically

Nope. I just did it by software.

São Paulo, Brazil
Lazerbeat wrote:

I've been using this "solution" for two years. Since yesterday, I threw away my broken phone plug. Seriously guys, OpenDingux ROCKS. As Gamepark devices are being forgotten more and more, Dingoo dev is bursting in flames.

Milwaukee, WI

I might have to pick up a A330 now!  Is there any difference between the models, DX has quite a few variations. ?

IL, US
Domu wrote:

Hey any pig to midi users (gp2x)? I read somewhere that a script is required to start the pig to avoid midi garbage disrupting use. The only time i managed to successfully send midi from the gp2x, there was a whoile lot of clicking and flickering happening with the screen. I set the autorun script text file just as was mentioned (god knows where it was, manual wiki perhaps?) but it wouldnt work.

Has anyone else had any experience of wierd noises and screen behaviour whilst using pig>midi?

And isnt the Piggy> midi logo just the best bit of graphic design ever? Love it

ive had luck with it working both with and without the script (think the script needs the extension renamed to .gpe)
as far as the clicking, very normal... my screen doesnt flicker on either of my f200's but maybe im just lucky on that... ive noticed the clicking goes away when i remove the cable from the headphone jack for some reason, making me think its a ground loop

West Yorks, UK

e.s.c: "as far as the clicking, very normal... "

normal eh? even with the script start up?  problem averted if so, I may have either invented the screen flickering, it being very very slight, or possibly it being down to rechargables that couldnt quite cope.

interesting...

Thanks!

edit* Am also using f200 just for clarity

Last edited by Domu (Aug 28, 2012 12:55 am)

Unsubscribe

NEW COMPO
http://hexawe.net/compos/monorave/

Geneva, NY

discussion on it here: http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/129584/#p129584

help them n00bz!