West Yorks, UK

subway: your old dingoo? that an a330 or a320?

openDingux definately only works on an a330? thats a pity, a320s looks so much more swish sad

Geneva, NY

No no no... it runs on both a320 and a330, just not those crazy-ass ga330's, a330 LE, a380, etc. If it's not a320 or the a330 psp looking thing, no dingux.

West Yorks, UK

cheers Bleo!
are there any advantages to the a330 over the a320?

Geneva, NY

As far as I can tell, the only differences are the shoulder buttons and more RAM in the a330, but opendingux uses a swap file and gives you 512MB of RAM anyhow, so the extra 16MB of RAM really doesn't matter at that point. Oh and theres the option for a wireless controller, but it has to be this special dingoo one and I'm not sure if it works with dingux.

I don't know of anyone with an a330, so it's risky... might be shitty build quality... ??? Who knows?

Milwaukee, WI

Are psp users stuck with the stable from six years ago?

Abandoned on Fire
TSC wrote:

Although, this new psp ghetto is looking pretty worthless. It does not save new songs, it exits lgpt when using "exit" in the file menu and the portability is nil, considering I have to create a sample folder beforehand.

edit - posting in the lgpt forum

Not sure about "does not save new songs" but the rest is normal behavior for all handheld ports of piggy, isn't it?  "Exit" exits the program and you have to create your new project folders manually anyway so might as well throw an empty folder in there called "samples".  No biggie.

Milwaukee, WI

Generally I've just been able to create a new song via the opening file/song selection screen within lgpt without any issues. It sounds like I cannot do that with the PSP ghetto without having to have a netbook around to create the sample folder. As far as exit goes, I usually exit in the project/tempo menu. The exit in the file menu makes it seem like it will take you back to the pattern editor, not quit the program and lose everything. Argh.

Milwaukee, WI

Actually, fuck it. I'm selling the psp right now. I've wasted enough of my time with this shit.

Abandoned on Fire

I must be missing something, I don't recall being able to create new project folders from inside the piggy program ever on a handheld?

West Yorks, UK

on the project page, go to new> name your project lgpt_xxxxxx: done! what device you using?
It works on gp2x and mac osX. not sure about mac but gp2x also creates the elusive samples foler inside the project one.

Abandoned on Fire
Domu wrote:

on the project page, go to new> name your project lgpt_xxxxxx: done! what device you using?
It works on gp2x and mac osX. not sure about mac but gp2x also creates the elusive samples foler inside the project one.

Dohh!  I've made a habit of pre-creating project folders and didn't even pay attention.  I can confirm that on PSP newly created projects are not saved and import does not work in them.  Guess I'll continue with my old behavior.  tongue

EDIT: works fine on gp2x

Last edited by egr (Aug 31, 2012 7:26 pm)

West Yorks, UK

bleo: thanks again for't info. If i go dingoo an a320 it is!

tsc: just sell the fucker and get a gp2x or canoo is my advice. (that way midi>pig can be yours!) i guess if midi is not a biggie for you then id go dingoo a320 or gp2x wiz for the lovely gba micro form factor!
however the potential audio input for psp makes it slightly unique. dunno if this is ever gonna happen tho!

has anyone got the linux version running on a ps2 yet?

Milwaukee, WI

Ah! Someone beat me to the response! Ignore this post.

Last edited by TSC (Aug 31, 2012 7:28 pm)

Brazil
bleo wrote:

I don't know of anyone with an a330, so it's risky... might be shitty build quality... ??? Who knows?

I saw the 330 on DX, is even cheaper than the 320. But it's not the ripoff of psp. Would this work? I was looking on the interwebs for some working on dingux for it, but with no sucess or saying that it doesn't work anyway.

http://dx.com/p/gemei-a330-3-0-lcd-mp3- … 741?item=1

West Yorks, UK

no according to Bleo and others, that will not work!

Geneva, NY
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

I saw the 330 on DX, is even cheaper than the 320. But it's not the ripoff of psp. Would this work?

You dirty south american I already said in this thread it wouldn't work.

Also, (Mve heard lots about this PSP ghetto issue and I've also heard that reformatting the memory stick fixes all the problems. I will get ahold of a PSP soon and try this. If it doesn't fix it, Marc will surely fix ASAP so no need to freak the fuck out.