Huntsville, AL

What's with how when you play a cartridge for a certain amount of time, it starts seeping out wax, from the chips? (PS. Too much of this happened to my GameSharks, and they're fried.) It seems to happen to all of my cartridges, of both SNES, and GameBoy cartridges. Does it help, that I scratch the wax off with a pushpin? It seems like it. Because it seems to work better after that. Is that odd?

*EDIT*: 8-9-13
Actually, the only SNES cartridge I have, that's doing that, is my Super GameBoy.

Last edited by Chowdit1 (Aug 9, 2013 10:07 pm)

New Albany Indiana

I'd say that's not suppose to happen.

Huntsville, AL
Bit wish wrote:

I'd say that's not suppose to happen.

D: Then what is happening?

Matthew Joseph Payne

Overlooking the fact that this subject's connection to chiptune is somewhat tenuous, AND that you posted two threads, one of which refers to the other...

I think a photo might be very helpful here.

clovis CA

umm, if its like a yellowish color thats not wax. thats left over flux.

Milwaukee, WI

Troll in 3..2..

Huntsville, AL
kineticturtle wrote:

Overlooking the fact that this subject's connection to chiptune is somewhat tenuous, AND that you posted two threads, one of which refers to the other...

I think a photo might be very helpful here.

Sorry, it might be a while until I borrow one.

Huntsville, AL
Alley Beach wrote:

umm, if its like a yellowish color thats not wax. thats left over flux.

No, it's actually clear.

Huntsville, AL
TSC wrote:

Troll in 3..2..

*facepalm* I'm not trolling. -_-

Canada

Try and take a picture and post it here, then I'm sure people will stop saying you're a troll.
g2g watch some shark week.

Douglas, Wyoming

I swear if he takes some pictures and it's legit this might be the most interesting thing for my whole week

Huntsville, AL
Monotron wrote:

I swear if he takes some pictures and it's legit this might be the most interesting thing for my whole week

I don't know if I'll get to it, this week, but soon.

New Albany Indiana

Although Spew is the second most disgusting word i can think of, let's use the first most disgusting word i can think of, "seepage".

seepĀ·age 
The slow escape of a liquid or gas through porous material or small holes.

Huntsville, AL
Bit wish wrote:

Although Spew is the second most disgusting word i can think of, let's use the first most disgusting word i can think of, "seepage".

seepĀ·age 
The slow escape of a liquid or gas through porous material or small holes.

Sorry, I try to use a little more "appropriate" words. Even though, the context there is where it seems "dirty", when really the context, I'm using is not "dirty".

Huntsville, AL
Jansaw wrote:

Try and take a picture and post it here, then I'm sure people will stop saying you're a troll.
g2g watch some shark week.

Well, like I said (with the other comment), I don't necessarily have a camera to borrow at the moment.

Riverside, CA

Your Game Boy has Gonorrhea.