Puerto Rico

Check out your local flea markets/used stuff stores, guys.  I just found a Game Boy Color, a Game Boy advance AND a GB Camera all for $10. Ever found good stuffs like that??

Anyways, I was off to do some modding! When suddenly...

The Advance turns on, and everything seems to be in working order. Except nothing shows up on screen.
No matter what cartridge I load, the screen flickers on but nothing shows. I also can't hear music or anything... So, is it fried?

I've tried to search for more info, but my internet's acting up and apparently I need to go back to Google school because the only info I find is for people who still hear the music/effects playing. So, If music plays it's the screen that's dead... But what if no screen and no sound? (It's not the SP Advance, btw... It's the big one.)

Meh, at least the Color/Camera work! I'll upload pics in a second.

EDIT: To clear up mistake.

Last edited by PanicPlant (Aug 13, 2013 6:01 pm)

Germany

wait, the gba has a backlight?

very blunt guess: the speaker may also be fried. try headphones or replacing it with a 100% working one and see.

Taichung, Taiwan

Gba or gba sp?

Puerto Rico

It's GBA. Is backlight the right word? Haha. The screen turns on but nothing shows, is an easier way to put it. You see something happening, but stays white. (I'm thinking in spanish, my bad)

But speaker also being fried sounds like a probable thing, let me look for headphones.

Puerto Rico

Aaaaand. No sound from headphones.

I think I'm gonna have to open it up and gut it.

Taichung, Taiwan

If it's a gba it doesn't have lighting.

Puerto Rico
katsumbhong wrote:

If it's a gba it doesn't have lighting.

I know this, what I was trying to explain was that there is a little flicker, as if the screen had turned on, but nothing shows.
Language barrier, my friend. My mistake... lol. smile

EDIT: Cleared up the original post to avoid confusion. :3

Last edited by PanicPlant (Aug 13, 2013 6:05 pm)

Planet Zaxxon

I bought an SH-101 in perfect working order at a tag sale for $15. That was probably my best score I ever had.

Minneapolis

I found an SNES for $3 one time. And a Dreamcast with all the goodies for $5, but it had a dead laser.

UK, Leicester

Got  a "Parachute" game and watch with the box and the polystyrene (box is pretty battered) for a tenner on sunday

sweden
O2star wrote:

I bought an SH-101 in perfect working order at a tag sale for $15. That was probably my best score I ever had.

Extremely jelly! Amazing synth!

SLC, UT

I like how someone tried to start a thread like this and nobody cared and now everyone's posting here and its not even super relevant.

Gosford, Australia

the gba is a lost cause, let's just get mad at carl for scoring a sh-101 for 15 bucks :v

Puerto Rico
Victory Road wrote:

the gba is a lost cause, let's just get mad at carl for scoring a sh-101 for 15 bucks :v

My thoughts exactly, both with the GBA and the Synth deal, haha.

I'm gonna try to salvage it, but it doesn't look bright, tho 10 bucks doesn't hit me that hard.

Also, if this thread is off-topic or misplaced, feel free to move/close it smile I just wanted to share my thrift store joy/ask for help with the AGB. :3

Jyväskylä, Finland

Have you checked if a fuse is still working on your AGB? The fuse should be near power switch labelled as F1 or F2.

Baltimore

I picked up a Super Gameboy for 3 dollars at a pawn shop last month, that's my best find so far.