ohgodno, Indiana

Ok so I've had this pitch mod idea for a year or so now, want to put it up on here to see what you all think/think if its even possible.
Was wanting to somehow take out the six axis in lka PS3 controller and somehow put it inna DMG and make it so when u tilt it up [pitch up] down [pitch down] ect. Been thinking about this for some time but haven't put it into action till now...So what do you all think?
Is this possible? I dont know a damn thing about six axis lol

IL, US

probably could be done with an accelerometer, no need to butcher a ps3 controller

SLC, UT

Midi fighter 3d. What you're talking about but in a midi controller. However, I'd imagine it would be pretty simple in a DMG.

GTA, ON

I imagine it is possible, but I agree with e.s.c. in that it would be way easier just to use an accelerometer. It would just require a simple accelerometer and a microcontroller (and possibly a digital potentiometer if you wanted to use it with a pitchmod board). All you would need is the right parts and a bit of programming (to do it the way I mentioned, but there is probably another way as well).

Last edited by rsrm (Aug 14, 2013 7:20 pm)

SLC, UT

So this morning I was dicking around with my sixaxis and Ubuntu. As it turns out, th qtsixa program allows you to use a sixaxis as a midi controller. This includes 3 plane accelerometer input as CC.

I don't know really anything about midi, but I assume you can map this to change pitch, volume, tempo, etc? I could see this being immediately cool for people running piggy from a pi. From there I could see custom controllers using a sixaxis as the base. Especially when you can get knock off controllers for ~$20.

So just some thoughts that I figured people smarter than myself could use to do cool things.