UK, Leicester
walter b. gentle wrote:

why not? ios has the most/best music applications and is the only mobile os to properly support midi.

When I had an iPhone, I didn't really use it for music, so I couldn't really comment on how good they are for making it. And, as I've never owned an android, or even used one for longer than it takes for me to change a friends background to a picture of a penis, I haven't had very much interaction with music software on android therefore, it would be stupid of me to put one higher than the other.

stargazer wrote:

now now now, don't take my statement the wrong way. i have nothing against apple products or iPhones (I work at an Apple store). Simply, I come in contact with so many users who are in so far over their heads and expect me to be able to solve all their problems in 1 minute. And of course, it's always the phone's fault. Granted I DO see a lot of issues with the product itself. However, that's basically a risk you assume when buying anything.

So in summary, the general iPhone user population grinds my gears. Someone who knows what they're doing and doing something cool with it? Inspiring.

Nah man, I didn't think you where making an attack against iPhones or their users, I just wanted to know whet your reasons where dude.

UK, Leicester

-snip- that double post

Last edited by Alpine (Aug 18, 2013 1:22 am)

SLC, UT

Android has milky?

people having multi paragraph opinions about the kind of people who use each brand of mobile phone

NC in the US of America
stargazer wrote:

Android has milky?

yes. it is a bit awkward.

Chicago IL

It doesn't matter what platform you use, a phone is a dumb, shitty way to make music.

SLC, UT
Saskrotch wrote:

It doesn't matter what platform you use, a phone is a dumb, shitty way to make music.

Basically yes. Although I would extend this to almost anything meaningful. Phones are great to waste time and okay to communicate.

UK, Leicester
Saskrotch wrote:

not really, it's convenience isn't it? I mean I carry my phone with me most of the time, and if it had the capacity to note down music, in whatever form, that would be really handy. Almost like a musical sketchbook.

Chicago IL

if you're just jotting down music ideas, use a voice recording app.

touch screens are garbage for writing music

UK, Leicester

I thought you meant all phones.

Seeing as you don't, no, I completely agree with you, doing anything that requires any kind of precision on a touchscreen phone is a bad idea.

Gosford, Australia

phones without touch screens are even worse for making music. the composer on the old nokias was fuckin great though, it'd be hilarious if someone wrote a beeper for the 3315.
using a smartphone/tablet as a control surface is pretty cool, except holding your control surface all the time would be a drag i think

+ current australian political climate and political journalism. it's all kinda puerile, really.
+ when people spell resumé with accents over the both the first and second e. i don't even care if that's the right way to spell it, it looks stupid and it's not a god damn "raysumay" okay aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Last edited by Victory Road (Aug 19, 2013 12:16 am)

UK, Leicester
Victory Road wrote:

phones without touch screens are even worse for making music. the composer on the old nokias was fuckin great though, it'd be hilarious if someone wrote a beeper for the 3315.
using a smartphone/tablet as a control surface is pretty cool, except holding your control surface all the time would be a drag i think

+ current australian political climate and political journalism. it's all kinda puerile, really.

Phones without touchscreens could be alright at making music, if there was any software for them (none for my nokia6680 that I can find)

Also seconding that the old nokia composer thing was amazing, it's still on a few low-end nokias even now. Both my Dad's newish nokia, and my Mum's ancient one have it.

More dumb first world stuff that gets me mad, that someone beat my highscore in audosurf on Solarbear's track "How to properly use a semicolon"

babylon
Saskrotch wrote:

well thats just untrue man. damn saskrotch your really grinding my gears!

Chicago IL
walter b. gentle wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

well thats just untrue man. damn saskrotch your really grinding my gears!

+ when people don't bother with you're/your

babylon

your gears must be the most grinded ive ever seen.

Gosford, Australia

+ all these teachers and student teachers i know who don't know the difference between your/you're, there/their/they're, to/too etc.

+ everyone who has ever written "could of", "would of", "had of" etc. would you stop that please i can't even aaaaaaa

Last edited by Victory Road (Aug 19, 2013 1:48 am)