Unsubscribe

yea the qy8 sends clock and thats much crappier.

Czech republic
ryba wrote:

Hello
I think QY10 is not enough.
i think you can only send notes on/off and one another midichange message thru touchpad (0-128 value)
I don't think it sends clock, but I didn't try song play
Maybee I'm wrong
bye

Aren't you talking about SU10?

Unsubscribe

the su-10 def cant do midi clock, but the su-200 can I think.

Czech Republic
ashimoke wrote:

Aren't you talking about SU10?

Yes. Sure I am.
Sorry, guys.

Sestri Levante, Genova, Italy
sandneil wrote:

oh WHOOPS i have a qy-20 not a qy-10 sorry for the confusion

So you think I'd better go for a QY20?
Is it a good tool for drivin' synths and an hardware solution for make finished compositions?

well i think its pretty good. more powerful than the qy10 i imagine. theres also higher up models like the qy70 that you could look at. its an interesting interface to work with

IL, US

qy20 still lacks a wide range of midicc options, only sends 1, 6, 7, 10,11,38,64, 100, 101,120 &121 so you may want something... this is sammichSID's chart http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails. … _chart.txt which shows you'd be unable to change filter settings, waveform type, transpose, etc with the qy20 (still could do it on the sammichSID itself, but just mentioning it as a limitation if you go with a qy series)

e.s.c. wrote:

qy20 still lacks a wide range of midicc options, only sends 1, 6, 7, 10,11,38,64, 100, 101,120 &121 so you may want something... this is sammichSID's chart http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails. … _chart.txt which shows you'd be unable to change filter settings, waveform type, transpose, etc with the qy20 (still could do it on the sammichSID itself, but just mentioning it as a limitation if you go with a qy series)

Uhm...So suggest me a good (cheap) hardware midi sequencer please! smile

nashville,tn

Qy70. I loooove mine. Data transfer to/from the pc is kinda of a pain but to be expected with 15 year old hardware.

Other possible solution?

sweden

I've had the QY10 for 10 years or so and I wouldn't really recommend it either. Far from smooth.

If size is no problem I would recommend you the Yamaha RM1X. One of the best hardware sequencers ever made. You can go really deep with the midi editing. I bought my last one for about $100 a few years ago.

Also check out QY700, QY300 and RS7000. Haven't tried any of them though.