York, Yorkshire

Yep, I'm interested. 

To sidetrack slightly : I was toying with the idea of adding another thru or two to your LSDJMC^2,   Is there a easy way to do that? (PCBs in existence?)

Last edited by BitPop (Apr 16, 2010 10:04 am)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
BitPop wrote:

Yep, I'm interested. 

To sidetrack slightly : I was toying with the idea of adding another thru or two to your LSDJMC^2,   Is there a easy way to do that? (PCBs in existence?)

yeah.. buy a kit and use the thru box with the lsdmc2 har har har.
you could bucher the lsdjmc2 case and stick it inthe lsdjmc2.. but... that would be mean. hahaha

but on a serious note...
you'll need to wire up a small circuit using a 74hc14 buffer
but it could be done relatively easily. since the  74hc14 has like. 4-6 buffers(too early in the morning to remember exactly)  you could easily add more if you wanted.

Last edited by low-gain (Apr 16, 2010 11:58 am)

IL, US

so logan, when are you finally going to build the device that i think only i really want? you know, all the features of piggy->midi, arduinoboy, lsdjmc2 (plus full nanoloop 2.x support) cv/trigger and 2x8 dual mode merger/thru in one rack unit? smile

IL, US

^ joking, but fuck id be happy as hell if you did

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
e.s.c. wrote:

so logan, when are you finally going to build the device that i think only i really want? you know, all the features of piggy->midi, arduinoboy, lsdjmc2 (plus full nanoloop 2.x support) cv/trigger and 2x8 dual mode merger/thru in one rack unit? smile

it all comes down to cash flow. hahaha

MIdi Boy is shaping up nicely. As soon as i get the code finished up i can lay out the board..
From there the other features you want should already be finished via pcb's on my end anyways.. just ad a simple paia Midi2CV8 and .. dual mode merger/thru!?!? !Shit son.... what the hell you need that for. hahahahha

but the reality of most of those things in 1 rack unit is quite possible. I can make it happen smile

London, UK

If Logan made a box that got Piggy (PSP!), LSDJ, Nanoloop and MIDI all talking to each other I'd be all over Paypal in an instant....!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
matt.nida wrote:

If Logan made a box that got Piggy (PSP!), LSDJ, Nanoloop and MIDI all talking to each other I'd be all over Paypal in an instant....!

When you see Midi Boy released.. that's when you know to drop me a PM.

haha

California

Wow I am totally out of the loop. what is midi boy?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Rei Yano wrote:

thats a whole other thread topic. hahaha
More to be announced on that later. smile

California
low-gain wrote:
Rei Yano wrote:

thats a whole other thread topic. hahaha
More to be announced on that later. smile

the suspense!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Just wanted to give an update. I got the schematic made, and the parts laid out for the Midi Thru Box Project..

It went from a 1x8 to a 1x12 (with a jumper option to drop it down to 8).

I am not 100% on the price of this kit yet, but i will start spec'n out the pricing.. Consider this... Typicaly a 1x8 Midi Box sells for $100-150... This is a 1x12 Midi box.. So i'd say.. Divide 100-150 by 2 and it will be very close to that.. smile
Which is still pretty darn cheap!

The PCB ended up a little larger (2"x4") than what i would have wanted(which in the end is going to cost me more $), but i wanted to use parts that are easily obtained. or easy for the user to build.
I would have preferred to go surface mount on this but i can't expect everyone to know how to assemble such a board. I also would have used 220 ohm SIP's instead of individual resistors but again.. i wanted this to be something where... if you lost a part or something, you could easily obtain them via Radio Shack or on a common online parts distributor.

My plan is to build the prototype into this case: :-D

Last edited by low-gain (Apr 22, 2010 11:34 am)

Ohio

1x12 Midi Thru?!?!?

OH HELL YES!!!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
BTS wrote:

1x12 Midi Thru?!?!?

OH HELL YES!!!

hehehe.. Yup! smile I went a little over board. hahaha

Ohio

One question, what are J1-3 for?

I'm assuming J4 is the MIDI input and J6-17 are MIDI outputs, but I can't figure out what J1-3 does.

Also, thanks for making the kit through hole.  I still haven't gotten around to learning SMD.

Last edited by BTS (Apr 22, 2010 3:29 pm)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
BTS wrote:

One question, what are J1-3 for?

I'm assuming J4 is the MIDI input and J6-17 are MIDI outputs, but I can't figure out what J1-3 does.

Also, thanks for making the kit through hole.  I still haven't gotten around to learning SMD.

J1-3 are Power, Power Switch, and a Power Expansion ( I try to put parallel power jacks on my boards for daisy chaining power lines in case
i put more than 1 board in a box. it's just a 9-12V tap off the power input jack. but post some filtering and pre-5 volt regulator.

Geneva, NY

OK, school me: why would one want to make a 1X12 thru 1X8?