Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
e.s.c. wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

or better let to let marc know!

thats the hard part, is it software or hardware that is the issue? ill recreate the crashing save, so i can send it to whoever can help look into it...may be that i was just trying to cram too much midicc out at once smile

technically it's all software. unless what ever it is you're doing is literally taxing the hardware... but most of the time it's coding issues. Things can be tightened up to clear up the processing going on.

Last edited by low-gain (Apr 23, 2010 5:42 pm)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
herr_prof wrote:
low-gain wrote:

i dont see why people have such a big issue w/ the gp2x.

GP2x vs PSP THROWDOWN

1. Battery Life + sleep mode so you'll never lose a project to bad batteries again.
2. Psp have much better audio
3. You can find psps anywhere so more gig reliable.
4. A real D-pad. (I dont actually care about this but some do)
5. Since its a psp, you can run a program like pspseq and make pig sample fodder on the go. You can also hack together a wav recorder.. and it has wifi access!

Other than that i LIKE the glp2x.. i just think it would be better for midi users to have more options.

Your opinions have been noted. Thanks

Unsubscribe

Hey you asked!

Geneva, NY

With the exception of item #2, those are all cold hard FACTS.  The gp2x is a piece.

But this thread is about a glorious MIDI thru box, isn't it?  wink

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Got traces laid out on the PCB after work today. Just need to clean up the silkscreen layer a bit and i can create the Gerbers for manufacturing.

Last edited by low-gain (Apr 23, 2010 8:26 pm)

Spokompton

I've been using a PSP for LGPT since last fall and I didn't know PSPSeq could render to WAV. Sweet! Gonna install that this weekend for sure.

Geneva, NY

I've got a 4x1 Midi Solutions QudraMerge.  You see any issues with feeding the merged signal into this thru for massive mergification?  Like noise, lost data, etc?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
bleo wrote:

I've got a 4x1 Midi Solutions QudraMerge.  You see any issues with feeding the merged signal into this thru for massive mergification?  Like noise, lost data, etc?

Noise?

Geneva, NY

I dunno, you mentioned noise when you explained the negatives of having those 4 extra ports being unused so I threw that out there in my examples of possible things that could be bad about sending 4 merged signals into a thru.

/me shrugs

So you're saying it should be all good?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
bleo wrote:

I dunno, you mentioned noise when you explained the negatives of having those 4 extra ports being unused so I threw that out there in my examples of possible things that could be bad about sending 4 merged signals into a thru.

/me shrugs

So you're saying it should be all good?

it should be all good. wink

I'm not gunna try to explain the noise thing w/o going into a long detailed tangent with pictures and crap of how the buffer IC's work.
hehe

hardcore, Australia

So will this be a PCB alone deal? or will you be distributing PCB + components?
Also will the GP2X connection being mentioned be a stock feature? or something requiring an extra module?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
godinpants wrote:

So will this be a PCB alone deal? or will you be distributing PCB + components?
Also will the GP2X connection being mentioned be a stock feature? or something requiring an extra module?

The GP2X connection at the moment is the original Piggy=>Midi available at kitsch-bent's site..  and a midi cable plugged into the midi thru box project.

as for the project kit.

It will include all components accept an enclosure. So all you'll have to do is think of a clever enclosure for it, assemble the PCB, install the panel components and wire it up! smile You'll also have to provide your own power supply (9-12Vdc).

The tutorial for building this will be an extremely detailed PDF document.

The PCB will be 2"x 4" in size.

York, Yorkshire

How big?  Still toying with the idea of expanding the LSDJMC^2  smile

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
BitPop wrote:

How big?  Still toying with the idea of expanding the LSDJMC^2  smile

it is very very very unlikely you'll fit the 1x12 inside my lsdjmc2 enclosure.
or Firestarters for that matter.

best bet would be to just build it into another box. and use a short midi cable patch.

Geneva, NY

Yeah, the MIDI DIN is like 3/4" wide itself (guestimating) so with a bit of space between each of the 12 ports, you're looking at at least a 4"x4"x1.5" enclosure if you stick the IN port on the top and 3 OUT ports on every side... and that still might be cutting it too close....

matt's mind

ok, this is cool.  somehow, i just saw this thread.  i could certainly use one of these myself.... 

and,

+1 gp2x