e.s.c. wrote:

hahaha, nice

i couldn't resist. smile

hardcore, Australia

So good.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Finished. But alas... no time to power it up. >_<

York, Yorkshire

Oooh!  Three ins!  Is that three discrete 1x3 or are they all echoing each other?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
BitPop wrote:

Oooh!  Three ins!  Is that three discrete 1x3 or are they all echoing each other?

Thats a little misleading .. the jack w/ the "in" below it is the only Midi INput. the rest are outputs.
I just didn't have enough room to label everything. so i just label as shown in the picture. So..

it is actually a 1x11.. not (3) 1x3's

Anyways... all in all the project took maybe 1-2 hours to build. Very simple. smile
I'm just putting together a tutorial and ordering parts so i can start taking orders on the kits.
I will test this tonight w/ a few of my synths and my latest run of PIggy=>midi's (killing a few birds w/ one stone).
Once i confirm the pcb works i'll get all product shots taken care of.. finish up the kit making process and get them up for sale.
price is looking to be around $65-75 shipped.

Last edited by low-gain (May 18, 2010 1:57 pm)

☺☺☺
low-gain wrote:

price is looking to be around $65-75 shipped.

any chance on just selling pcbs?thought of building one around the same time you started this project, a printed board would make the whole thing a lil easier smile

never enough f'in thrus!!!

Last edited by Emar (May 21, 2010 3:27 am)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

yeah... $12 shipped

and what's cool is you can leave out the second 74hc14 (and it's related components)  and have it just be a 1x5.

Last edited by low-gain (May 21, 2010 4:18 am)

Geneva, NY

OK, I'll say it before someone else does: hmmm looks like you could easily fit a piggy->midi INSIDE that enclosure, too!!!  And an arduinoboy.  And a dingoo.  And some rubbers.  big_smile

Turku, FIN

ooooooooooh

New York, New York

@KeFF your avatar o.=.O

IL, US
bleo wrote:

OK, I'll say it before someone else does: hmmm looks like you could easily fit a piggy->midi INSIDE that enclosure, too!!!  And an arduinoboy.  And a dingoo.  And some rubbers.  big_smile

if youre using that, wont need the rubbers wink

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

shot a short video w/ my phone showing the midi thru box in action. simply splitting the output of a Piggy=>Midi so we could control a Sequential Circuit Six-Trak and an MFB MB-522 Drum machine w/ LGPT.  Worked out great! Sound quality is shit. But it's still fun! smile

Last edited by low-gain (May 26, 2010 12:44 pm)

California

if you wanted to use ableton live to sync multiple consoles could you use your device? I am really interested but alas I will not have any money till next financial aid (august/september)....

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Rei Yano wrote:

if you wanted to use ableton live to sync multiple consoles could you use your device? I am really interested but alas I will not have any money till next financial aid (august/september)....

provided you have at least 1 Midi output  device for your computer, the Midi Thru Box Kit can then multiply your output by a factor of up to 11. smile

*******NOTE*********

Parts have just arrived yesterday and i will be assembling kits this week! smile Should have them available for sale for $50+shipping. smile

California

awesome!! smile I am definitely going to buy one but I have a feeling that they will all be gone by august/september, sad