matt's mind

ah, yeah.  i knew you meant doing the mod, i thought you meant doing clear shoulder buttons so they could be backlit for whatever purpose the user wished (tempo visualization, etc).

Unsubscribe

Nah, not too interested in something like that.

Louisiana

I actually think a full set for GBA would be a good idea. Atleast the shoulder buttons for sure...for now. Now to go install my orange vb backlight. just got here.. MWhahaha!!!!

matt's mind

spring cleaning!

i came across a few AceKard 2i carts, price is $20 a piece.  I won't stock these, I just ended up with a bulk a while ago and never got rid of them...

IMPORTANT!!!  please add the AceKard AND shipping you wish from the SAME product link here: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/utilities

so, if you want a AceKard 2i, please add it AND the shipping you'd like to your basket for checkout.  once these are gone, they're gone. 

these are real AceKards, made by acekard, I got them a while ago.  they're good carts, compatible up to DSi.

features (quoted from box):
-- perfect compatibility.  no need to convert, no need to flash!
-- save file is written directly to MicroSD card.  no need to manually select save file size, no data loss.
-- automatic DLDI patching.  run homebrew programs without converting.
-- support soft-reset, download play and WiFi gaming!
-- support SDHC MicroSD card.  virtually unlimited storage size!
-- support any brand MicroSD, with no slowdown!
-- support Action Replay cheats.  Built-in Editor!
-- lowpower consumption for longer operational time!

thanks for your time...

Turku, FIN

Any idea if these work with DSi XL or not?

matt's mind

not sure explicitly, the listed support are these: DSi, DSL, IDSL, DS and IDS

i don't think it does the XL, because acekard came out with a later version specifically for the XL and 3DS.  i got these right when the DSi first came out

Turku, FIN

Oki, thanks for the quick reply !

matt's mind
kitsch wrote:

spring cleaning!

i came across a few AceKard 2i carts, price is $20 a piece.  I won't stock these, I just ended up with a bulk a while ago and never got rid of them...

IMPORTANT!!!  please add the AceKard AND shipping you wish from the SAME product link here: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/utilities

so, if you want a AceKard 2i, please add it AND the shipping you'd like to your basket for checkout.  once these are gone, they're gone. 

these are real AceKards, made by acekard, I got them a while ago.  they're good carts, compatible up to DSi.

features (quoted from box):
-- perfect compatibility.  no need to convert, no need to flash!
-- save file is written directly to MicroSD card.  no need to manually select save file size, no data loss.
-- automatic DLDI patching.  run homebrew programs without converting.
-- support soft-reset, download play and WiFi gaming!
-- support SDHC MicroSD card.  virtually unlimited storage size!
-- support any brand MicroSD, with no slowdown!
-- support Action Replay cheats.  Built-in Editor!
-- lowpower consumption for longer operational time!

thanks for your time...

there are a few of these left!  not many.

Puerto Rico
KeFF wrote:

Any idea if these work with DSi XL or not?

Short answer: Probably.

Long answer: I forgot when the DSiXL came out but chances high that around that time the update for the dsi came out and it blocked most carts, so you're gonna need to search online for a specific application, and then use a pre-dsi or not yet updated DSi to run it and unblock the cart. I've still got the application itself in my cartridge, I could try helping you out, but I don't know about any additional updates may have blocked the cart.

Last edited by Xuriik (Feb 28, 2012 6:19 am)

Toronto

Yeah. I use AKAIO (officially supported 3rd party firmware, iirc), and it has updates to bypass the DSi check thing. This includes the DSi XL

matt's mind
QueenOfTulips wrote:

Yeah. I use AKAIO (officially supported 3rd party firmware, iirc), and it has updates to bypass the DSi check thing. This includes the DSi XL

thanks, good to know!  all the info i could find online indicated these would be fine, its nice to have it confirmed by someone who's done it...  i didn't want to say something i wasn't positive about wink

Toronto

I'm going to grab one for a friend, but I've just got a question. Do these have the stickers on the back with the authentication codes underneath them?

Yeah, it should work fine. Just keep up to date with the updates (for both the firmware and the crack) and it'll work fine. I use mine for homebrew with a DSi, and I've tried the card on an XL before. They use the same software, so it should be the smoothest of sailing.

matt's mind

i got these before acekard did the anticlone sticker stuff.  (which seems to have begun ~march last year).  they are real acekard though.  all of these will need the firmware updates to the newer AKAIO as well, they are stock how I bought them back then.  shouldn't be an issue though.   

the only reason i even got these was because thretris (or possibly capcomposer), who was into DS homebrew at the time, told me they were really great cards and worked very nicely, and i got them from a store getting rid of their stock (just bought their stock out).  then, i decided ds flashcarts were too risky business and i didn't want to mess with them.  so, they sat in a drawer waiting until i did some inventory/cleaning.  i'm saving one for myself but after these i don't really have an interest in them.  not atm at least.  give it 15 years or so...

Toronto

wicked! yeah, they really are a great card. i got mine before the sticker, too, so no worries.

they also need another update so they work with the DSi and 3DS firmware, not just the latest AKAIO update. It can be found here or here.

I grabbed one.

By the way, a tip to anyone grabbing one of these, there are some tinycartridge & maré odomo-designed cart stickers over at fangamer, if that's your sort of thing. I've got the ghost from R/B/Y on mine, and it looks good. :3

Last edited by QueenOfTulips (Mar 5, 2012 7:27 am)

matt's mind

thanks so much, you've been tons of help!

Toronto

no worries. :3 i'm glad to be of some use around here.