Milwaukee, WI

I'm spray painting the inside of my case neon pink.  Should look interesting through the frosted plastic...

matt's mind
Theta_Frost wrote:

I'm spray painting the inside of my case neon pink.  Should look interesting through the frosted plastic...

awesome!  please send pics, i'm going to try to set up a flickr group for KB modded stuff and whatnot...

if your paint is UV reactive, try to find a blacklight smile  that'd be sick...

Milwaukee, WI

Heck yeah, flickr group would be awesome.  Idk about the UV reactivity though. wink

matt's mind

SITE UPDATE:  I've updated the features of the DISQUS service we use for comments on the site (for individual products, and general feedback). 

you can now drag/drop media into your comment/feedback.  it should work this way at least. 

i expect to see more pics of mods you've done and the like!  let me know if bugs show up...

Austin, Texas

Sweet. Now I need to get some cases and get cracking with the paint…

I'm considering trying to tint a clear case with Spray Lens Tint, but I'm not sure how well that would work… plus, clear is such a great color to begin with.

Philadelphia

I'm going to try out this on the first case I get. Should make for an interesting effect.

Cleveland, OH
SubWooferSpecial wrote:

I'm going to try out this on the first case I get. Should make for an interesting effect.

Painted from the inside right?? That would look incredible!

Philadelphia
justinthursday wrote:
SubWooferSpecial wrote:

Painted from the inside right?? That would look incredible!

Yep! And then if all goes well with that I may try finding some buttons to do the same to.

matt's mind

oh.  thats cool paint.

s.p.r.y. showed me his at BRK that he'd painted with that reflective paint used on road cones and things.  safety strips on concrete too probably.  no idea what the paint is called though.

Austin, Texas

I have some of that stuff. The stuff I'm familiar with is a reflective clearcoat, you put it over whatever color you want in a single or double light coat. If you wanted to do it from the inside of a clear case, though, you'd do this coat first and the base coat over it on the inside.

I don't think it'd work well from the inside of a clear case, though. s.p.r.y. might have had another sort of paint…

…I have a lot of paint around the house. I had some strange hobbies for a while… cool

Milwaukee, WI

Package arrived today.  I was as giddy as a child! big_smile

Last edited by Theta_Frost (Jul 26, 2012 2:59 am)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Hey Matt, any chance of getting gameboy advance sp headphone adapters soon or know where I can order some? I'm getting paranoid about the life of the ones I have now.
There seems to be a shortage of them everywhere.

Harrisonburg, Virginia

I have no idea if they're still selling them here, but maybe?
http://store.richspsxparts.com/gbasphead.html
More expensive than kitsch's previous listing, but it may be a good temp solution.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Ugh. Yeah, expensive. Thanks though!
I can live without them for a while at that price. wink

Austin, Texas

Like I said in that other thread, Auxcide, you can probably successfully run your demanding LSDj songs on pro-sound Game Boy Colors.

Not that I'm trying to sell you on that, just that it's worth a try if the SP headphone adapters should ever become completely unavailable for any reason.

Philadelphia

I got my clear cases in yesterday and just wanted to say they look and feel great! big_smile Thanks again