Sweeeeeeden
arfink wrote:

I mean, how can a guy with cured meat in his avatar possibly be a criminal? big_smile

Meat n00b. tongue big_smile
It's actually not cured meat, but Falukorv.

arfink wrote:

But in all seriousness, I wouldn't just dick around with Jose... sure he blows a lot of hot air, but if he does sue you a court will not look favourably on your unauthorized access, whether you did anything wrong with it or not. There is a reason why people were moving to get out of 8bc, and it was because Jose was becoming unstable and liable to throw an almighty legal hissy fit.

As e.s.c. pointed out, I'm from Sweden. I don't think anyone is untouchable just because they're out of jurisdiction, but I do think he'd have to come up with something more extraordinary in order to prosecute over the borders. I take my chances and I think I'm pretty safe. I think the only real risk I would be facing if the case actually goes through is to be a registered criminal in USA and possibly be denied entry if I were to travel there.

Ary (get dat lunch) wrote:

i bet you there will be more gossip about it on chipmusic than on 8bc haha

Well... http://8bitcollective.com/forums/viewto … 49&p=1

8bc wins hand down on quantity, but we win on quality.

IL, US

thanks to nitro for providing that quality ^
properly stated information in a timely manner helps keep things sane smile

New York City

Perhaps because shit here doesn't get erased by a tyrannical administrator.

IL, US
akira^8GB wrote:

actually, doing that shit encourages gossip, from what id learned on 8bc...since no one can just go look at the orig thread and see what happened

Minneapolis
nitro2k01 wrote:
arfink wrote:

I mean, how can a guy with cured meat in his avatar possibly be a criminal? big_smile

Meat n00b. tongue big_smile

Yes, but the wikipedia article informs it's salted and smoked. Is this not curing? So Falukorv, bacon, ham, summer sausage, etc. are all cured meats. big_smile And I must be a meat noob, because I asked you earlier if it was Canadian Bacon. hahahaha!

nitro2k01 wrote:

Worse. wink

Bronx, NY
akira^8GB wrote:

Yes yes yes, a million times yes.

Enid, OK

It's ironic that Jose Torres is threatening legal action on someone.

Recently many people were threatening to take him to court because he was taking peoples' money with no intent of ever sending them the cartridges they ordered.

I love chipmusic, but the scene, well.. no comment.

California

too much trolling in 8bc. everything there boils down to retarded comments eventually. in any case I think this whole situation is between nitro and jose. eventually we need to stop the shitstorm and let them do their thing (if something legal does come about) on their own.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

why is this being discussed here?

Brooklyn NY US

Osmotically propagating drama

Brooklyn NY US

technical shorthand "drasmosis"

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Bit Shifter wrote:

technical shorthand "drasmosis"

*hugs the shifter of bits*

Brooklyn NY US

Thank you ladies and gentlemen I'll be here all week

Godzilladelph

lol
so has anyone met my good friends myles756, gnarsauce, orangebit, or puke flytalker yet?

Tacoma WA

here?

nope.  they would be welcome here if they behaved reasonably.

i will personally show the door to anyone who shows up with the express idea of being an asshat.