Dallas, Texas

What's the easiest (or hardest if that's my only option) way of making my music playable on a real NES Cartridge?

Now I read Nullsleep's NSF Playback Cartridge Guide and tried to assemble a BIN using x816, but all it spit out was 0KB blank files. I copy pasted his code, inserted the needed bytes found in the NSF using a hex viewer, and used DOSBox to excecute the assembler.

I'm just having no luck with it and wanted to know if there's an easer way of getting my NSF's into a burnable .BIN or .nes. The music I want to convert is written in mml. I also have it in midi format for playing through MidiNES.

alex mauer seems to have organized a pretty good process for this- maybe he'd be able to help you? he's on cm.o as alex_mauer

Dallas, Texas

Fantastic! I was beginning to think I was running out of options apart from learn assembly and code everything with .db statements (which I still don't really understand).

Philadelphia, PA

Why not get a PowerPak or Everdrive N8?

rochester, ny

make it into an NSF and then use vegaplay by no carrier!

Dallas, Texas
B00daW wrote:

Why not get a PowerPak or Everdrive N8?

I plan on distributing the music. Thats the whole point. Plus I'd love a PowerPak, but they've been out of stock for a while now.

Dallas, Texas
nickmaynard wrote:

make it into an NSF and then use vegaplay by no carrier!

Cool. That is perfect. In the read me text it doesn't go over how to add multiple NSFs. How do I designate which song is which song number and what do I need to copy paste, if anything, to write in my load/play address stuff?

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Oct 18, 2013 6:44 pm)

Parts Unkown
TylerBarnes wrote:

Cool. That is perfect. In the read me text it doesn't go over how to add multiple NSFs. How do I designate which song is which song number and what do I need to copy paste, if anything, to write in my load/play address stuff?

Instead of having multiple NSFs, I believe you have to get all your songs into to 1 NSF for vegaplay.  Also there is a size limit.  The compiled PRG is only 32k, so the NSF file size has to be less than that.

Dallas, Texas

Oh. I get it. So I need to find a way to either combine NSFs or compile multiple mml songs into one NSF.