Lun-dun
sandneil wrote:

office work and laundry could be some kind of art for the people if people voluntarily did them for their own sakes... who does? in fact they are more often signs of oppression than liberation

Good point well made, though does that mean the rule is "if you do it to get paid it can't be art"? Not really sure which side I'm on now, it leads into that "video games as art" argument a bit, doesn't it?!

If people don't come to databending for "sporty-art" then that's fine, I suppose I've just always naturally aspired to do something well in every aspect of my life rather than just do something, even if I fail spectacularly at it as I am at the moment!

Maine

zoey bend lolz

Last edited by Puke_Flytalker (Nov 18, 2013 11:41 am)

Maine

i just want my images to look like theya re being ass fucked by missing no.

killadelphia
defPREMIUM wrote:

audacity

wordpad

these are pretty sick.

thank you, the top one was taken while it was snowing, and so i had the idea of bending it in such a way as to appear almost like a holographic pokemon card. it took some work but i got it very close to how i wanted, without post processing.

this was sort of the effect i was going for

edit: the only post processing i may have done was to crop out the header, but i can't remember if i did that or not. i prob did

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Nov 19, 2013 12:08 pm)

Canada

Used Mac's Amadeus Pro (exactly like Audacity) for this one. I've never done this stuff, but it's actually a lot of fun!!

btw, reading this whole thread... Everything I did in Amadeus Pro (Audacity) to the Audio unit plugins, I did for a specific reason. A 16th or 32nd note delay yielded me more repeats of the chains in this picture. whole note delay didn't work so I knowingly altered it. Also, I chose the specific point in the waveform to edit specific sections of the picture. I adjusted the EQ levels in the audio units to produce the desirable 'washout' of the lady's skin.
I'd say this method is totally not random. The nobs and levels allow you to adjust intensities (gain, delay, feedback, high pass freq, low pass freq, etc.). Gain levels washed out the background more... a HUGE boost in gain (+20.0) totally turned half (or wherever I applied it along the waveform) the picture grey. A HUGE drop of gain (-20.0) sent it back to normal. Same theories apply to colour saturation with the EQs, etc. It's all just learning what does what, and it's memorizable.

Last edited by Jansaw (Nov 22, 2013 2:51 am)

well said

Lun-dun

Looks like someone just started a databending manual!! smile

Canada

Thanks.
Haha I don't know if I have time to experiment more and put all that together. I think it'd be very useful to help people bend using sonification, though. It's so much more in depth than editing the code in a word processor.. I think.

Maine

*easier that editing code

Maine

idk im kinda warming up to sound editor bending i did this using a mixture of audacity and notepad++ no post editing this is the raw bend

Canada

easier... creative... data... these are all just words trying to describe art.
but thanks for taking the time to weigh in:)

Really cool!
With my stuff I guess I try to make sure the original picture is still noticeable... but obviously it's all just different aesthetics.

Last edited by Jansaw (Nov 22, 2013 5:37 pm)

Canada

Edited with Mac TextEdit and Amadeus Pro wave editor. Used an audio plugin by inear display called Gorgon (overdrive VST) to get it to look like pencil strokes (parallel crushed lines).

Maine

it looks like you did text bends basically halfway down the file and then hit it with audacity am i rite?

Chicago IL

Are there any professional data benders here

Maine

i dont exactly think there is such a thing..

feel free to check my stuff tho
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/12678 … ng-thread/