Florida
Saskrotch wrote:

Are there any professional data benders here

The guy who did the cover/manual art for the "The Social Network" is a databender. I guess that counts

Maine

yea rob sheridan is aiight

Las Vegas, Nevada

All nice pieces, I used audacity, the wordpad method does not work for me, the picture I posted on the top of the thread is the best luck I have had ever haha smile Really no one is "good" or "bad" at this. It's just a lot of fucking around, and trial and error, but that's what makes it so fucking fun!!! smile and being a graphic design artist, I think it's awesome how files aren't meant to open in certain ways, but they do smile. It just shows another side of creativity. I love it. It probably took me 100 times to get that picture result though. It takes patience smile so respect to all you guys, and that camping picture is AWESOME MAN.

Las Vegas, Nevada
simonhpieman wrote:

Looks like someone just started a databending manual!! smile

Wasn't intended wink Say I wouldn't mind running a small forum for data benders and visual artists, I'm sure there are some already, but hell it'd be cool huh? smile

Las Vegas, Nevada
Saskrotch wrote:

Are there any professional data benders here

no. But there are artists, and I don't really think any of us call ourselves "professional" Just experienced I guess.

Canada
Puke_Flytalker wrote:

it looks like you did text bends basically halfway down the file and then hit it with audacity am i rite?

Yep i edited the code until I hit the tops of their heads, then rotated the picture, saved, then bent more around the dudes to get the vertical lines. Then I used Amadeus pro and added some overdrive plugin at a low wet/dry mix (more dry) and it produced a really cool pencil drawn look. I used some others as well.

I just started doing this a few days ago, so I'm def no a pro, but if I was able to get paid for this I would.

Arizona

Got bored and started messing with notepad++ I might try audacity later. This is super fun though.
This one is bent and then the saturation/hue was adjusted. Not sure how I got the pixelated ghosting. I guess that's the fun in it, never know what might happen.

Also bent my dog.

And a curly fry from arby's.

The last two had some more edits in them than the first. I did some overlays and some recoloring. I'm pretty bad at this but whatever.

how to format plz help...

Last edited by MostlyToast (Nov 24, 2013 3:50 am)

Las Vegas, Nevada

^what do you mean format? As in making the files not corrupt? O.o The best thing to do is honestly screen shot at the same resolution, that's what I do to a PNG. It works for me, I'm sure others would do differently or the same idk

Arizona

I meant formatting my post. The text is sort of all over the place.

Canada

I convert image to bend to TIFF or BMP, then import to Amadeus Pro (or audacity) using raw, then export using raw until I find it the way I like, then save the image as TIFF or JPG or whatever.

But ya... I don't care much for formatting my posts here:p

i try

Las Vegas, Nevada

^liking this desumate wink

Pittsburgh

I've done some audacity bends before. Most pictures are on my old computer (in which I actually used my own pictures, not stolen .bmp files from wikipedia) and I haven't gotten around to attempting to recover them yet. I did have these ones saved though:

Canada

Niicccee man. Looks like you applied distortion or overdrive to the game boy!

http://torngarsuk.tumblr.com/tagged/databending/

i'm more into analog nowadays tho

Canada

Wicked! I never thought of glitching a gif's frames then rebuild it... Hmm cool.