Carbondale, IL

I know not all of you guys here like I Fight Dragons, but they do subscribe to the chip aesthetic and are thus, at least in my eyes, a chiptune band whose releases should be reported.  That, and I do enjoy their stuff (fanboy disclaimer).

Cool is Just a Number is a re-release of their self-published EP by the same name, this time released under Photo Finish Records, a subdivision of Atlantic.  It includes one new song, "Don't You", and many of the other songs have been retouched slightly.  If you aren't completely sold on the new album, you can listen to it for free on their website.  Just click on the music tab.  The player is at the bottom.  If you like what you hear, the whole album can be had from the iTunes Music Store for the very reasonable price of US$5.99, or directly from them for a dollar less.

Note: Parental Advisory Warning.  One or two strong words in "Don't You" and "Money", otherwise clean.

New York City

videogame gimmick

astral cat

brb, fighting dragons

Chicago IL

those guys showed up to a house party i was playin with anamanaguchi / starscream / bud melvin, refused to pay to get in, and then spent the whole time on the back porch and not listening to the music

also their music is bland frat rock, they have nothing to do with this scene and they are not good.

Carbondale, IL
Saskrotch wrote:

those guys showed up to a house party i was playin with anamanaguchi / starscream / bud melvin, refused to pay to get in, and then spent the whole time on the back porch and not listening to the music

also their music is bland frat rock, they have nothing to do with this scene and they are not good.

That rumor again...

IFightDragons @ 8bitcollective wrote:

First of all, neither myself nor my band members were anywhere near the Tacoskull party in August.  This thread is the first I've heard about any 'shit' going down, since none of us were in attendance.  The only time I've ever been there was for this show: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse … =476634925  which was fun and for which I and my girlfriend happily paid the entrance donation.  I talked with Kevin (ESC) and Tacopunch, and they seemed like cool guys.  No clue where these other rumors came from, we actually had a radio appearance that night out in Naperville.

http://8bitcollective.com/forums/viewto … 17#p293717

Unsubscribe

Wait is a first hand account a rumor?

Bronx, NY
herr_prof wrote:

New definition of rumor: "That which I choose not to believe".

Chicago IL

yeah sorry i'll quit believing everything I'M THERE FOR

Ohio

I'm afraid I have to concur with the general consensus.  I just seems like these guys needed something to get attention and decided to jump on the hipster/geek wagon.

Something that might interest people here (Both fans and detractors) is this:
http://cdbabypodcast.com/?p=722

This is where I first heard of the band.

Chicago IL

also this was during the time anamanaguchi were in town. pete mentioned me to Bri Bri, and Bri Bri said 'yeah i know nigel, he's a cool dude.' except for that he's never ever said one word to me. so i wouldnt trust much out of dudes mouth to be honest.

the only contact ive ever had with him was a myspace message saying 'hey let me take you out for coffee so you can teach me how to make 8bit' which i ignored.

Finland
herr_prof wrote:

Maybe it's a subdivision of a rumor?

Unsubscribe

A first hand account is like the good son in the news family.

Baie-St-Paul

puke on my dick.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩
Ary (get dat lunch) wrote:

puke on my dick.

IL, US

maybe a little less ugliness/etc so i dont have to close this?

New York City

Feel free to delete thread big_smile